• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

Bogie’s Long Journey

Prayers for you both. A positive sign he is up and at em.

Kneemail forthcoming. I hope all goes well. Is this "poinsonwood" any relation to the other common urushiol sources (i.e. "poison Ivy/Oak/Sumac")?

Oh goodness, I’m glad he made it out okay. I imagine very careful hands were needed for that procedure around the juggler (ek!)

Hope it all goes up from here.

So sorry to see what your going through my thoughts and prayers are with you and Bogie I hope you have a positive outcome

Bri might be very busy getting ready with moving to Roatan.

Some update
I know Bogie was diagnosed with Type B Cell Lymphoma. Which has a greater chance of going into remission for a longer period of time with a Chemo Protocol.

This was info from Sept. 1st
I know Bogie had started Chemo. Has some very good Oncologists and other Vets.
He had slowed down some, but they still bike ride and swim everyday and his appetite was great.
Bogie's Lymph nodes on his left side are back to normal size. Right side they were shrinking but still big.

So continue sending positive thoughts and prayers.

Bri might be very busy getting ready with moving to Roatan.

Some update
I know Bogie was diagnosed with Type B Cell Lymphoma. Which has a greater chance of going into remission for a longer period of time with a Chemo Protocol.

This was info from Sept. 1st
I know Bogie had started Chemo. Has some very good Oncologists and other Vets.
He had slowed down some, but they still bike ride and swim everyday and his appetite was great.
Bogie's Lymph nodes on his left side are back to normal size. Right side they were shrinking but still big.

So continue sending positive thoughts and prayers.
Thankyou for the update. Still an ongoing battle then but sounds like the big boy isn't too miserable at the moment. Good vibes still being sent.

Thanks for letting us know what you know Stryker. I texted her about a week ago since I was starting to worry but I did consider they might be getting ready for the move to Roatan.

That sounds very stressful, having a dog on chemo. My heart goes out to Bogie and the family. I hope he recovers with minimal discomfort. Sending hugs and prayers.

Update:
Bogie had severe negative reactions to chemo several days after receiving it so after rushing him to ER and getting him stable I made the decision to not continue with chemo. He had vomiting, bloody diarrhea and mild seizures.
We are now doing Eastern Chinese herbs, Acupunture, cold laser and giving maintenance dose of Pred. His weight is back up to 90lbs. His physical activity level is greatly diminished from what it was pre cancer. He is still active as I keep him engaged mentally and physically.
He suffered painful lymphedema in his rear leg so I started putting compression bandages on his leg to reduce swelling and assist his movement.
After several cold laser treatments I no longer have to use compression bandages. Yay!

He is happy, active and wanting to do things so we go on daily adventures and swim everyday.
We took a 2 wk camping trip to a private ‘uninhabited’ island off the Keys. My girlfriend was kind enough to offer her sailboat to us to make the trip to her old (now defunct) shrimp farm island.
I was lax in keeping an eye on the weather reports and found ourselves stuck in the middle of TS Sally coming over the top of us. It sat for 3 days with rains and winds but Bogie and I rode it out comfortably on the boat in the cabin.
It was a special bonding and renewal trip for us both.
I did not want to come home to where so much work awaited me but Bogie was due to start his acupuncture sessions and have bloodwork done.

I realize I am going to lose my boy but I am making the most of every minute with both him and Bacall.

I'm so sorry to hear Bogies reactions to chemo but pleased you have found a better source of treatment that is less debilitating to him very nice to hear you've had some special time on a break with him and totally agree with your decision to spend as much time enjoying your time with him cherish it i know what its like with King precious times will be thinking off you and hope to hear off fun and adventures with your boy god bless.

You guys are at the forefront of my mind. I’m sending you all the love in the world.
I understand that they treat cancer aggressively and sweet Bogie must of been sensitive to the treatment. Seizures & Gastrointestinal side effects must of been hard on his body :(

Sending you all my continued love and support xoxo

I'm so sorry that you guys are dealing with this. I hate cancer. Sending lots of comfort and love to you guys. I'm sure Bacall and Hubby were extremely happy to see you two again.

Tears are shed for all of you! This breaks my heart. :( Love on him and capture as many memories that you can! He looks wonderful in the video. I hope he beats all the odds!! :love::dobe:

Back