Biting/playing

HakuTheDoberman

Notable member
hey guys so now that my guy is becoming more active and hyper I’ve been struggling with his behaviour.

I know he’s a puppy and nipping And teething is normal but I’m getting rather annoying because it’s just me not my boyfriend

I know I’m gonna get things like he Dosent think I’m the alpha etc but in this case I don’t think that’s it.

It’s my clothing and I don’t know what to do ahah. So I wear either very fluffy, knitted of long and flowy things. And whenever he’s playful he’s always biting said clothing and when I say stop or no he just gets more hyper and playful.

But if I’m wearing skin tight clothing or things with exposed skin like shorts and a tank top he Dosent do it.

Does anyone have advice on how to get him to stop biting the clothing I wear.

On a side note when me and my boyfriend go on our knees to see him or play he jumps up on us and usually ends up punching us in the face aha.

If this was a small dog everyone would think it’s cute how he’s jumping up to say hi but his size and strength are less cute ( ok still cute but don’t enjoy a hit in the face ya know) any advice on how to correct that?

He’s been good with training but recently become the super hyper puppy we have tried to prepare for ourselves for and developed these habits and gonna have to look into classes to help too but till then any adviceee ?

Attachments

• C44FDC76-B72C-4FEB-945F-0933EAA2E6FE.jpeg
    C44FDC76-B72C-4FEB-945F-0933EAA2E6FE.jpeg
    585.1 KB · Views: 33
  • E7E82409-0C5A-4A1A-BC86-96B0D712EFD2.jpeg
    E7E82409-0C5A-4A1A-BC86-96B0D712EFD2.jpeg
    639.8 KB · Views: 31
Lol, psycho puppy is on the scene! That first shot is hilarious because he looks like a bull locking in on his target haha.

They seem to experience a phase of being attracted to clothing that flaps. If you love certain outfits, seriously consider not wearing them for a while. I think redirecting will help so he learns that you’re not the toy.

The face punches :rofl: best to get into the habit of not leaning over them, their giant heads move fast!

Lol, psycho puppy is on the scene! That first shot is hilarious because he looks like a bull locking in on his target haha.

They seem to experience a phase of being attracted to clothing that flaps. If you love certain outfits, seriously consider not wearing them for a while. I think redirecting will help so he learns that you’re not the toy.

The face punches :rofl: best to get into the habit of not leaning over them, their giant heads move fast!

Ahah my whole wardrobe is clothing that would appeal to his “tastes” I’m just gonna have to live in my underwear for some time (Jkjk) but guess I’ll have to adjust the wardrobe a bit aha.

I usually get a paw to the face instead of a head aha I think it prefer a head to be honest cause his paw pads are what I’m most allergic to so when he paw slaps me in the face I get a lovely red rash along with it ahah

He may view you as more fun and enjoyable-like you are his favorite toy.

And you are correct, it is definitely a puppy phase that you will just have to work through. Redirect redirect with a toy. Always have something handy for when he comes at you, you produce the toy for redirection and continue into play. This is definitely a good way to pull more favor off the boyfriend and more onto you. My wife did this and it worked for her for a good while until I started with obedience training and taking him to the fields.

Or, with toy, redirect it into an obedience action to start teaching him how to settle and what is appropriate at the time. He may not be fully ready for this though, depends on his age and maturity.

We pretty much got ourselves a dog wardrobe when we saw how impractical our everyday clothes were around crazy Kaiser. Costco athletic wear for the win! You need clothes with pockets, tons of pockets, pockets full of treats and poop bags and leashes and collars! My advice is to go with durable materials that wash easily. It will make your life so much easier. Eventually they will learn when you’re ‘dressed up’ and then you can resume dressing like yourself again :spit: Then get him a back pack so he can carry his own sh-t.

Re the paws, their ‘rubber tires’ only stay soft for so long. Eventually they will become rougher and that will scratch you up.

We stopped the Sinisters from jumping on us and everyone else. They must have 4 on the floor, (paws, I mean), or they get no attention! When they jumped we would walk right into them and they would back off. It took awhile til they learned. Now they never jump on us unless we give the jump command. We no longer get battered and bruised from those hard heads, no more nose pokes in the face and no more huge paws slapping the living daylights out of us!

During our crazy puppy phase we avoided being on the floor with him. Just as it does in your case, this just wound our guy up and made him ready to play. In group training class we always started with a "calming" session where we were supposed to get the dogs to lay down and give them a calming massage........ we skipped this part :rofl: the second I got on the floor with him it was game on:rp:

I would continue to correct and redirect for now. Also mentally prepare for the rollercoaster! Im recovering from a fat, bloody lip earlier this week. Our guy was snuggled up beside me with his head on my chest. Of course he had to hear something outside and he whipped that hard head of his around and that's all she wrote.

Im glad you are looking into training classes in the future, they can be a great tool! All I can say until then is stay firm, redirect, avoid the danger zone aka the floor, and remember it won't last for forever! And hey what woman doesn't like new clothes :rofl: jk;)

During our crazy puppy phase we avoided being on the floor with him. Just as it does in your case, this just wound our guy up and made him ready to play. In group training class we always started with a "calming" session where we were supposed to get the dogs to lay down and give them a calming massage........ we skipped this part :rofl: the second I got on the floor with him it was game on:rp:

I would continue to correct and redirect for now. Also mentally prepare for the rollercoaster! Im recovering from a fat, bloody lip earlier this week. Our guy was snuggled up beside me with his head on my chest. Of course he had to hear something outside and he whipped that hard head of his around and that's all she wrote.

Im glad you are looking into training classes in the future, they can be a great tool! All I can say until then is stay firm, redirect, avoid the danger zone aka the floor, and remember it won't last for forever! And hey what woman doesn't like new clothes :rofl: jk;)

Ahah ohhh nooo I’m sure something like that will happen to me soon.

That’s trueeee thoooo could be my excuse to get new clothes but I’ll end up forgetting and get the same kinda clothes again lol.

I will try and not be too lazy and avoid sitting in the floor ahah a good sit just looks so appealing after standing for 5 seconds

We pretty much got ourselves a dog wardrobe when we saw how impractical our everyday clothes were around crazy Kaiser. Costco athletic wear for the win! You need clothes with pockets, tons of pockets, pockets full of treats and poop bags and leashes and collars! My advice is to go with durable materials that wash easily. It will make your life so much easier. Eventually they will learn when you’re ‘dressed up’ and then you can resume dressing like yourself again :spit: Then get him a back pack so he can carry his own sh-t.

Re the paws, their ‘rubber tires’ only stay soft for so long. Eventually they will become rougher and that will scratch you up.

I want his toe beans to stay soft but I know they won’t forever it’s s dad thought aha no amount of paw moisturizer can help him forever ! Lol

Guess the world will have to bare witness to a skin tight attire for awhile.

Update: my sweet angle is becoming the spawn of Satan. I feel like I’m dealing with the terrible 2’s, my light at the end of the tunnel is fading, all hope is lost. SOS

Just kidding but he is getting more crazy. Finally realized that he can be destructive if he wants too. Grabbing anything he can find and brining it into other rooms, taking clothes and blankets and flinging around his bed.

This morning we was in bed with us rolling around, chompers wide open, grunting like an old man and a bunch of other satanic sounds, looking like a demon ahah

Still screams and cries like he’s being murderd when a dog gets too close to his behind. People probably think he has trauma from us beating him or something :eek:

Update: my sweet angle is becoming the spawn of Satan. I feel like I’m dealing with the terrible 2’s, my light at the end of the tunnel is fading, all hope is lost. SOS

Just kidding but he is getting more crazy. Finally realized that he can be destructive if he wants too. Grabbing anything he can find and brining it into other rooms, taking clothes and blankets and flinging around his bed.

This morning we was in bed with us rolling around, chompers wide open, grunting like an old man and a bunch of other satanic sounds, looking like a demon ahah

Still screams and cries like he’s being murderd when a dog gets too close to his behind. People probably think he has trauma from us beating him or something :eek:
Sadly @Kaiser2016 is right:rofl: we are almost at the 1 year mark and some days I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and other days I swear he's never had a minute of training in his life:facepalm:

Hang in there, you're not alone. I think they like to give us false hope in the beginning. I remember reading other people's posts and thinking man we are so lucky our guy doesn't behave that way.......lies all lies Haha. Once that teenage phase hit it's a daily battle and I catch myself saying :wtf:multiple times a day:groan:

Sadly @Kaiser2016 is right:rofl: we are almost at the 1 year mark and some days I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and other days I swear he's never had a minute of training in his life:facepalm:

Hang in there, you're not alone. I think they like to give us false hope in the beginning. I remember reading other people's posts and thinking man we are so lucky our guy doesn't behave that way.......lies all lies Haha. Once that teenage phase hit it's a daily battle and I catch myself saying :wtf:multiple times a day:groan:

Ahah oh I can imagine it’s just gonna be worse at least hopefully worse before it gets better.

I’ll stick take a teenage dog over a child though ( I hate kids aha )

He’s a brat sometimes though ahah he met all our family members this weekend and was being all cute and laid back and gentle with them and the second they weren’t around he got all crazy and nippy loool

The sounds our dogs make when playing are truly terrifying. You'd think someone was being eaten.

The MOST IMPORTANT thing when they take something they're not supposed to have and run away with it is NOT to chase or tug because then it becomes a game to them. If he takes something, grab a toy or treat and reward heavily when he drops it. "DROP IT" or "LEAVE IT" is a life saving command you can start working with him on, too.

We do lot of tug play when training. My dogs know when I'm pulling and engaging, tug is ON. When my hand relaxes and stops moving, they are to stop playing, as well. If I'm not tugging back, it's not play time. Might work for your clothes problem haha.

The sounds our dogs make when playing are truly terrifying. You'd think someone was being eaten.

The MOST IMPORTANT thing when they take something they're not supposed to have and run away with it is NOT to chase or tug because then it becomes a game to them. If he takes something, grab a toy or treat and reward heavily when he drops it. "DROP IT" or "LEAVE IT" is a life saving command you can start working with him on, too.

We do lot of tug play when training. My dogs know when I'm pulling and engaging, tug is ON. When my hand relaxes and stops moving, they are to stop playing, as well. If I'm not tugging back, it's not play time. Might work for your clothes problem haha.

Omg ahah I know it’s like they know they shouldn’t have it.

Our guy found a pine cone for the first time ever in my boyfriends parents backyard and I didn’t know what he had to I walked up to him ( not even run lol just walk) and he booked it. He had the zoomies in the backyard for a solid 40 mins straight running with the pine cone in his mouth. I was just sitting on the step watching him zoom around lol and all it took was me trying to walk up to him to get his pine cone

Can’t get the she demon to understand drop. Going thru this bs 15 times a day. She Has figured out that doing something like this Will get her Treats! That’s Why She Does It! We rewarding bad behavior: body slams into my face ( while i’m Sitting in Chair ) which drives my glasses into my nose! Bruises everywhere, Big Blood-brown and black bruises. I’ve seen a lot of laughing symbols in this thread, but I have found Nothing funny about this experience.

Back