1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Beware of breeders/owners

Discussion in 'Doberman Breeders' started by Royalty House, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Royalty House

Royalty House Jr Member

2. deladobies

deladobies Member

That is a very dramatic website... too much arguing for me... lol

3. DobieLvr

DobieLvr Novitiate

I agree Dela...

4. Velmadobe

Velmadobe New Member

It may be "dramatic", but people need to have a way to warn others about bad breeders.

• Like Like x 2
  5. deladobies

deladobies Member

I completly agree Velma... It just the internet age, you never know what to believe anymore... Its sad, but it is the truth!

6. Velmadobe

Velmadobe New Member

That's why you really have to check everything out yourself - but at least the warning tells you to check it out. I never believe everything I hear.... but figure that there is probably a grain of truth to most anything. There are a lot of fruitcakes out there, and way too many of them breed dogs :(

• Like Like x 1
  7. DobieLvr

DobieLvr Novitiate

Just how many places do you think this stuff should be at?

8. Velmadobe

Velmadobe New Member

I guess wherever breeders & buyers tend to gather :) I know that opinion is not too popular with some people........ but IMHO some of those people tend to have something to worry about.

Warnings about breeders tend to pop up all over, so obviously there is a problem out there - IMHO the public needs to be able to check out the breeders they are looking at when they are looking to spend hard earned cash on a puppy..... don't you think?

• Like Like x 1
  9. deladobies

deladobies Member

Agreed, but I think that there should be one place that specializes in things like this... I tend not to believe a lot of things on the internet... If I were to get another dobie, I would contact my local group, kennel club, BBB, and ask around... Then would check it out for myself...
    I think that site is helpful, but also in the same respect to dramatic. How would you even know what to believe... One says horrible, another says incredible... Bottom line is that you should always check it out first hand!!

10. DobieLvr

DobieLvr Novitiate

If warnings tend to "pop up all over" then there can be "pop up free zones" and still get the job done...IMHO

11. DLS

DLS Notable member

Both Buyers and Breeders should check each other out. I think lists on any forum are a good idea. SO many people have NO idea where to even start when it comes to finding a respectable breeder. But, as we all know, the lists are only a guideline. Educate yourselves first, then you will be more prepared to make better choices, and you will be able to tell the difference yourself between a 'good' and a 'bad' breeder.

• Like Like x 2
  12. doberlov

doberlov Novitiate

Buyers definately have a right to know about bad breeders. I know I would have appreciated a heads up when I went to buy my Doberman. I would have checked out any warnings I would have had on someone. Thumbs up to the sites that give a warning. As stated before, we work hard for our money. One breeder even told me breeders rip people off all the time and even she did not have a high opinion of a lot of breeders. (Thanks to all the ethical breeders out there who do breed for true health of the Dobermans-the good ones are appreciated). Doberlov

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dan

Dan New Member

With the subject of bad breeders, I really hate it when people register their kennel, make it a puppy mill just to make money out of it. One of the reasons why I've joined this forum is to ask you guys what you think about this link below, it's just appalling.

http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/classifieds+directory/q/doberman?next=21

You just have to type Doberman, and most of the listings are really dogs that were bred for money. There are reputable breeders in this country, and they're the trusted ones to be dealt. One of them is Kintanar dobermanns, and they're really into competition and making sure that they only produce great quality competition level pedigrees.

14. Ataro

Ataro Notable member

Dan, it's the same in many countries - it's even worse with the more popular breeds. And of course, even the "reputable breeders" are sometimes questionable. Just because they produce champions doesn't always mean they're ethical. For example, looking at Dobermann-review.com, there are a bunch of breeders in Europe selling their "supposedly beloved dogs, who they want to only go to new owners who will treat them like family members" just because of the C&D ban.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dan

Dan New Member

Others give the reason "kennel reduction", when in fact they don't even have the facilities to have 2 or more dogs in the first place! I have seen a lot of ADs that says they're reducing, but why breed in the first place when they don't have plans on what to do with their excess puppies or studs/bitches?

16. Ataro

Ataro Notable member

Another reason may be that the dog is getting too old and therefore no longer of any use to them so they decide to get rid of it. They can give any number of reasons, but in the end what it boils down to is irresponsibility.

17. MicheleM

MicheleM Active Member

• Like Like x 1