Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Best method for posting

Discussion in 'Doberman Talk and Discussions' started by Shan37, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Shan37

Shan37 Novitiate

874E76EB-826F-4269-A54E-EEAE6AC9A006.jpeg D7D6D488-C0D6-456F-B018-3026F974ACC9.jpeg Hello,

I have my first Doberman, Bruce. He is 10mo and his left ear does not stand. After reading through a lot of these forums, I found that my vets method of posting was not working. He would let them be down for a week before he would post them again. I stopped going to him after 4 months. Realizing his strategy was not working. The right ear stands completely.

I am using the backer rod method now but he digs at it for being in his ear. I have to tape all the way up. I have tried moleskin but it doesn’t last with him playing with my husky.

There was a time his ear would stand up for a few hours but he recently had dry skin to where it was bleeding and we had to stop posting for 4 days.

Any advice?

2. Ddski5

Ddski5 Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Good looking boy.

I would keep posting.

He keeps digging it out? Make sure all the way down in bell and tire out/engage him before and after posting.

3. Atingles10

Atingles10 Notable member

Have you tried torbots adhesive? We ordered this online and used it with our guy. Just make sure to get the unisolve for removal.

4. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

The biggest thing I see there is that they're pulling in a bit too much but I can't tell if there are pockets forming or not.
    If there are pockets, you might need to try this method.
    Ear Taping using bumpers

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Shan37

Shan37 Novitiate

hi jan, i’m still posting. he is now 12
    months. should I still continue to post
    his ear?

6. Ddski5

Ddski5 Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Left ear still not standing on its own?

Does it stand at all? How long?

Some folks on here posted well into 18months.

7. crypticintent

crypticintent Hot Topics Subscriber

We are still posting Ezri at 14 months. Over the last month we are seeing strength in the area we’ve been worried about. Don’t give up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. crypticintent

crypticintent Hot Topics Subscriber

Also, if the Bell is really strong look at the backer rod half post method.

9. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Any photos of them now?