Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Beast Mode!

Discussion in 'Schutzhund and Ring Sports' started by Kaiser2016, May 13, 2019.

1. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

Two months in to serious training, we’re seeing some awesome results, so I just have to show off our progress! I could not be more proud of both man and beast for all their hard work :thumbsup2: These pics are from a concentrated session this weekend, where we thought a working spot might be too soon, and in some ways it was, but we had encouraging moments too. No pics of tracking, but Kaiser excelled at that!

Convincing him to lunge after something in a person’s hand is still a work in progress, as is engaging in this type of activity with a stranger.
    6A264828-225F-408C-A04D-67FF6F94A056.jpeg

But this looks great!
    78D97115-B4F4-4EAD-A963-24C66E853833.jpeg

Learning to bark at us on command took a lot of encouragement, but he totally loves it, and he offers it up willingly :joycat:
    596FAA76-7335-4FE3-8BAB-735E37B86E1E.jpeg

Accepting pressure to his chest through his harness, also progress. Bonus, he’s barking here without command!
    C3A6BA0B-D41E-4CB2-A2AE-1D6FED340F29.jpeg

Another bonus. Bite work is only for members, so this is just a teaser.
    AE301F5E-F0A4-4D15-95DB-EEBC355705A6.jpeg

Someone looks rather happy after a job well done!
    08E5D09E-DC57-49B7-BEBE-876E81564D8C.jpeg

• Like Like x 16
    • Wow x 5
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  2. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

He looks great!:thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  3. Antman408

Antman408 $ Forum Donor $

Goddamn, Kaisers got some cheeks! :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Viemarangelrock

Viemarangelrock Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Wow, looks impressive! Great job guys :thumbsup2:

5. Oh Little Oji

Oh Little Oji Formerly Tad Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Ooh, you can really see that musculature! Exciting on the working there! Nice, Donkey!

6. Ravenbird

Ravenbird Jr Member

NICE! Thanks for sharing, just love the working dogs!

• Like Like x 1
  7. LifeofRubie

LifeofRubie Notable member

He looking pretty awesome!!! What a fun time!

8. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Awesome work and great photos!! The boy seems to love this work!!

9. Silent Dobe

Silent Dobe Well-Known Member

Great job! Looking like he likes the work!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lizbeli

Lizbeli $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

Oh wow he looks amazing! Nice to see dog owners getting out there and doing some good hard training!

11. Ddski5

Ddski5 Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

It’s a really good feeling when when what you want, what you plan, what you work so hard for, finally comes around.

It’s like, “yes, it is possible?!?!”

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

I wouldn’t have believed it without the evidence!

He had to work for all his meals and that was a hard adjustment for him. He would look at us like :wtf: He would pout and refuse to work lol. He even resorted to grazing on the grass at one point My spoiled little prince haha.

He loves to put on his harness and he looks extra handsome while wearing it. It’s like he’s all grown up!
    AD5CEF10-081B-4906-984E-80102E231CE0.jpeg

Thank you for all the compliments!

• Like Like x 8
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 3
  13. Ravenbird

Ravenbird Jr Member

• I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  14. Ddski5

Ddski5 Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

15. Lizbeli

Lizbeli $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

I make Jasper work for every single meal too. Mostly obedience, but he learns quickly and I have been practicing some tricks too. Some days he is a drama queen but I just put his food back on the counter until he complies ha.

I was also wondering how old he is now and the age he started this type of training. I don’t have any clubs near me that I know of. But I have always wanted to do training like this.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

He’ll be 3 in July. Which, get ready for this shocking news, makes him an old guy in the sport! My boy is old?! WTF! Lol, ppl still think he’s a puppy when they see his big paws.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

It’s a Hurtta Active Harness. It has reflective markings on the chest and back. I wasn’t sure about having a black harness on a black dog, but it’s like putting Kaiser in stealth gear lol. I also got an orange one for high visibility in case he needs to work in foggy conditions. Great quality and great price.
    Active harness - hurtta.com

• Like Like x 1
  18. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

:rofl: Drama queen, ya that’s them all right.

We started getting serious at 2 and picked out a club that we had previous training sessions with. They only do evaluations once a year so when he passed evaluation we enrolled in an intro to IPO/IGP class which was like an extended evaluation but we learned a ton.

Finding clubs is the hardest part when you’re a newbie because it seems they don’t advertise outside of their own circles which never made sense to me! Search for anything German Shepard related and that will start to open some doors.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Ravenbird

Ravenbird Jr Member

Same here. I'm in the middle of nowhere, nearest I have is about 4 hours (one way), so I'll never be able to do weekly, but as long as I get to go learn... and have fun.

• Empathetic Empathetic x 1
  20. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

4 hrs is far! I know someone who drives 3 hrs for her training. That is such dedication! Driving long distances seems to be a normal part of training and I like that part the least. Our initial club was a full hour away and the new one is just a half hour away.