Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Michigan Authorities: Cars on highways hit by apparent gunfire

Discussion in 'United States Regional Forum' started by FredC, Aug 26, 2015.

1. FredC

FredC Guest

24 Hour News 8 web staffPublished: August 26, 2015, 4:29 pm Updated: August 26, 2015, 5:09 pm
    Video> Major Crimes Task Force activated after vehicle shot while driving on I-94

BATTLE CREEK, Mich. (WOOD) — The Calhoun County Major Crimes Task Force is investigating a series of incidents in which vehicles on I-94 and I-69 appear to have been struck by gunfire.

The incidents happened on I-94 between 11 Mile Road and I-69 between Battle Creek and Marshall, and on I-69 between M-60 and Jonesville Road, south Tekonsha and in Branch County. No injuries have been reported.

A Wednesday release from the task force says the incidents are happening both during the day and at night.

The task force says the Calhoun County Sheriff’s Office and Michigan State Police have responded to “several” incidents of vehicles being hit and damaged by projectiles.

As detectives investigated, they came to suspect that the damage in some of the cases was caused by a gunfire. Additionally, forensic evidence from one vehicle was consistent with damage from a firearm.

Earlier this month, the sheriff’s department asked members of the public whose vehicles may have been damaged to come forward. At the time, it described whatever hit a vehicle on I-94 near Marshall as a “projectile.” After that release, the task force said, more incidents were reported to authorities.

The case is now being handled by the task force, which includes detectives from a number of agencies including the sheriff’s department, MSP, and police from Albion, Battle Creek, Emmett Township, Marshall and the Nottawaseppi Huron Band of the Potawatomi Tribe.

Anyone with information is asked to call Silent Observer at 269.781.9700.
    ---------------------
    Source: Authorities: Cars on highways hit by apparent gunfire | WOODTV.com

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Dobs4ever

Dobs4ever Hot Topics Subscriber

Sadly we live in a very sick world - this is what happens when people abandon their conscience and moral obligations to society.