Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Audi’s ‘Doberhuahua’ Super Bowl Commercial Gets Mixed Reviews

Discussion in 'Canine News/Informative Articles' started by FredC, Jan 27, 2014.

1. FredC

FredC Guest

While some of us are looking forward to the Big Game this Sunday, others are looking most forward to the commercials – especially the ones featuring dogs.

doberhuahua.jpg
    "Doberhuahua"

It’s no secret to advertisers that dogs attract attention. Some of the most beloved Super Bowl commercials in recent years have been those featuring dogs. (Click here to see our favorite Super Bowl commercials of recent years…with dogs!)

Rumor has it that Budweiser will premier a new commercial this Sunday with the famed Clydesdales alongside an adorable 10-week old Labrador retriever puppy. Suburu will almost certainly join the fun with a new driving dogs commercial, and Volkswagen has admitted that they’re incorporating puppies (among other advertising home runs like babies, models, and groin hits) into their still-in-the-works commercial spot.

So, it’s no surprise that Audi is hopping on the doggy bandwagon with their 2014 Big Game Commercial. The surprise, however, is how the commercial, released early on YouTube, is being received by viewers

While some think it’s hilarious and silly, others are left with a bad taste in their mouths.

Watch Audi’s new commercial below and judge for yourself. Do you think it’s all in good fun? Do you think Audi crossed a line in their portrayal of Dobermans? Or, do you think they’re making a great point about not creating new designer dogs and instead adopting from a shelter?

--------------------------------
    SOURCE: http://dogingtonpost.com/video-audi...l-commercial-gets-mixed-reviews/#.Uura7fldWSo

Duration: 1 minutes 03 seconds
    [medio]209[/medio]​
    View: (click here to watch and comment)
    Doberman Commercials TV and Movies - YouTube

Tweet about the commercial with the hashtag #StayUncompromised

Learn more about the 2015 Audi A3 here: http://audi.us/1avNLhQ

Keywords: commercial, superbowl, doberhuahua

• Like Like x 3
  2. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

:D

That was great.

3. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Hahaha! :lmao:

4. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

Very pretty boy. Has a sweet look to him.

• Like Like x 1
  5. FredC

FredC Guest

Is that Shelby in the red?
    Capture_01272014_133223.jpg
    :D

• Like Like x 4
  6. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

No shes the one handling the dog.

7. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

• Like Like x 3
  8. FredC

FredC Guest

Little Matt as a kid..
    Capture_01272014_140012.jpg
    :eek:

• Like Like x 3
  9. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

More like this.
    ignorance.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  10. JerseyFirefighter

JerseyFirefighter Site Sponsor

Andddd now I have to shop a picture of Jäger onto my chi's body

• Like Like x 1
  11. FredC

FredC Guest

I guess we don't have to worry about the brain outgrowing the skull with the "Doberhuahuas" You'd think they would be friendlier then that since they do have the Dobermans head.. err im assuming since the dober head holds the dober brain right?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Panama

Panama Hot Topics Subscriber

Unfortunately, I think the media has screwed us again. Depicting a Doberman as vicious. Sad.

• Like Like x 2
  13. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Hopefully that's not the case (but probably is) since I've had more Chihuahua bites than from any other breed, and zero from a Doberman except puppy chewing, which of course isn't biting.

• Like Like x 3
  14. FredC

FredC Guest

I'm glad people in my circles don't take commercials so seriously. The only people screwed are the ones that are unfortunate enough to live in a bubble and don't get how humor works.

In other words you can't fix stupid. it's just satire, the people that don't get that have bigger problems..

Frankly the "Dobehuahua" attitude reminded me perfectly of a Chihuahua. Mixing two probably would result in a psyco crazed breed of dog.. Lol

• Like Like x 4
  15. Dobs4ever

Dobs4ever Hot Topics Subscriber

Panama I have to agree sad and sick - it portrays the worst the worst of breed, horrible ear crop, vicious acting dog and while it is obviously NOT real it probably promotes some DARN BYB to give it a try. I would have much preferred that they portrayed the beauty, grace, elegance, strength and courage of the Doberman as to insult it that way. DPCA is sending emails in protest.

• Like Like x 3
  16. obbanner

obbanner $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

After I watched it a couple times, I thought the Doberwowow was acting like a chihuahua, not a Dobie. But since the Dobie head was so prominent, people will think only about the Dobie part.

Update - I also noticed that the couple went to the pound and ended up with a compromise dog anyway.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  17. FredC

FredC Guest

Actually I think if you really want to dissect the commercial it did exactly the opposite of what your saying?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dobs4ever

Dobs4ever Hot Topics Subscriber

First impression is everything and JQP is not smart enough to get it. JMHO

19. FredC

FredC Guest

First impression.. As far as first impressions go they depicted a true beautiful and well behaved purebred Doberman in the beginning.

The Doberhuahua is a mythical creature and not meant to be taken seriously. I gave the worlds people more credit then that..

• Like Like x 1
  20. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

If I am going to take any subliminal message from it I am going to assume that the Sarah Mclachlin part was a big dig towards her.
    The Doberman in the beginning is a beautiful well behaved boy.

• Like Like x 2