1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Anyone using Victor food ?

Discussion in 'Doberman Nutritional Care' started by C908, May 28, 2019.

1. C908

C908 Member

Yesterday a friend of mine suggested I try Victor food. He has a good friend that is a vet that highly recommends it. I'm always skeptical of vet recommendations since most of them recommend Science Diet, we know how good that is, right ? Preacher started on Fromm then Royal Canine Ultamino for a food trial. After the trial he ate Earthborn Holistic Ocean Fushion and is now on Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Lamb & Rice. I see where Victor has a Lamb & Rice, thinking about trying it. Just wondering if any of you are using Victor ? Preacher seems to be doing pretty good on the Natural Balance so I may just stick with it for a while. Thanks for your comments.

2. Atingles10

Atingles10 Member

I don't have much to offer you since we are just starting the slow switch over. We have heard good things about victor, and have seen good reviews, so we are currently working our way to it. Week 1 in, and so far no issues. We were/are on Fromm large breed puppy food and did 2 cups old 1/2 new. Today I just started 1.5 old and 1 new for breakfast. We are actually going with the ocean blend though since our guy tends to have loose poop on chicken based. I can always let you know what we think though once we are fully transitioned over. I do like the idea that we can just order it right off chewy.com too and have it delivered to the house!

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  3. WILD ACE

WILD ACE Member

i feed victor. i switched from ppp after a year of weight loss and bad poops. ace has been on it for almost 2 months now finally putting some weight on solid stools and overall 99% improvement for him.

• Like Like x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  4. Ddski5

Ddski5 Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

I have always heard really good things about Victor dog food.

I just looked at the analysis and ingredient on this and definitely looks like good stuff. Will keep this in mind for the future.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  5. NeuValley

NeuValley New Member

I have been feeding Rocky and Stormy Victor since the beginning of the year. Switched from a grain-free food for peace of mind until more is known about the peas, lintels, and taters blocking taurine. Both dogs eat it up, and have good poops.

victor.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  6. C908

C908 Member

I went by our local MFA the only place in town that sells Victor. The girl working there was nice enough to give me 5 sample packs of Lamb & Rice. I just put one sample pack in his supper which is Natural Balance Lamb & Rice. I'll see how it goes if everything seems good when the sample packs are finished I think I will buy a bag.

7. Curing

Curing Jr Member

I heard Victor just changed their recipe to add Bloodmeal?

I don’t feed it, but am apart of a group where people have, and started having problems with it

8. Logan 45

Logan 45 Jr Member

I fed victor hi pro plus in the past and had little to no problems with it. If all possible call your local feed stores for pricing I was getting hi pro plus 40lbs for 36.99 compared 50$ on chewy. I would recommend it compared to most of the foods out there that aren’t grainfree victor has significantly better ingredients not to mention rices and barley are under review for dcm links and rice can be a little on edge even for human consumption due arsenic levels.

Last edited: May 28, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1