• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

anyone know what this might be

Pitts

Hot Topics Subscriber
Hey guys,
Matrix has developed a small pimple like growth on his toe, I have not seen anything like this and just noticed it the other day, I didnt know if he hurt it and this developed or what it might be.
I was hoping someone here might have an idea before I have to take him to the vet to get it checked out.

Thanks.
matrixfoot.jpg

Looks to me as either a wort or some type of growth that he knocked which made it raw. If you know he didn't knock or crape it, maybe it is growing so fast it burst through the skin. Our Goldie had a growth on her hind leg when she was under a year and it grew so fast it broke the skin. This just looks like the first thing though.

Bella had one something like this on her ear, she had a habit of going into the pampas grass and I think it was caused by a tiny piece of pampas stuck in her ear, I took her to the vets and they cut it off sent it away but just said it was nothing nasty, it could be a tiny grass seed or a splinter, but I would go and make sure as I am sure you would anyway's Dale

Another member had something that looked exactly like this a while back too (My Buddy maybe?), but I can't remember what was done or what the outcome was any more.

Dale regardless of what it is for sure being on the foot it needs to be removed. The foot is more susceptible to constant wear and tare there by irritating it which could cause it to become cancerous. Toes also don't have a lot of circulation so if it restricts the blood flow could be an even bigger problem.

Dale, I'm not trying to be a fear-monger but my AmStaff had something VERY similar appear on her neck. It was a Stage-1 Mast Cell tumor... Aka Cancer. They are more commonly found on an extremity, such as a leg or foot. I would get Matrix into the vets as quickly as you can afford to. Most likely it is benign but in case it's not, the quicker he's seen the better. They needed a 2" margin all the way around the tumor when they removed Kiyah's... On a toe you might expect to lose the whole digit should it end up being a Mast Cell tumor.

I am really hoping he has a small abcess due to a minor injury.

My lab has one on his leg. I took him to the shot clinic where they don't charge to look at things like this if there isn't a line (might want to see if there is something like that in your area). And the vet there said that it is a wart. It started small like that about a year ago, and got a bit bigger through the last year so I had it checked again (it had also grown hair), but the vet said it was still a wart. Another year went by and it hasn't grown at all, but did swell up a bit one day.....found out my daughter for some messed up reason was PLAYING with it!!! After she stopped the swelling went down. The vet said that unless it broke open, came off (like in rough play) or started bleeding or became infected they would not suggest taking it off. He will be 11-12 yrs this March and has just started another small one developing on his other leg. They do not bother him, cause him pain, itch him, or anything like that.

http://www.organic-pet-digest.com/dog-warts.html

It wouldn't hurt to get it checked out if you could find a really cheep or free place. I know if you are in the US and have a Petsmart vet (Banfield) and have never been a customer they do a free first visit. I have always taken my fosters or Craigslist turnovers there for their first visits because they are free.

Dale, a friend of mines dog had one like that it was a wart.
Being on the foot it needs probably to be removed. Feet
in animals as well as humans don't have a lot of circulation
so it really needs to be looked at, I am sure you know this
but when in doubt .............here I come vet.:goodluck:
and please keep us posted.:ty:

My limited medical knowledge on the matter leads me to think that it is a wart Dale but get it checked bud.

Good luck

Cya

Another member had something that looked exactly like this a while back too (My Buddy maybe?), but I can't remember what was done or what the outcome was any more.
You've got a good memory, Jan! It was Buddy that had something similar to this and I found the thread on it. http://www.doberman-chat.com/commun.../ok-now-its-my-turn-to-freak.2522/#post-47012
I actually had to read through it again to remember what happened to that darn thing! lol I don't know if yours is the same thing, Dale, but I hope it goes away like Buddy's did, after a trip to the Vet, of course! :D

UPDATE,
just got back from the vet, and they dont think it is anything to be worried about at all. They said it could be a small growth or due to some type of trauma during training. They prescribed prednisone and the antibiotic cephelaxin. Two weeks of these and hopefully it should go down or go away completely, but they did not feel that they would need to clip it off.
So I am very happy to hear this and hope it continues to be nothing.

UPDATE,
just got back from the vet, and they dont think it is anything to be worried about at all. They said it could be a small growth or due to some type of trauma during training. They prescribed prednisone and the antibiotic cephelaxin. Two weeks of these and hopefully it should go down or go away completely, but they did not feel that they would need to clip it off.
:):dance::thumbsup::ty::woot::woot::yatta::yatta::dance::bump::bump:

They just like us to worry so they can DRIVE US TO DRINK:scratch::shakinghead::whistle:

UPDATE,
That's a relief.......Good news.Hope all is well.

Back