Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

California Anyone feel that?

Discussion in 'United States Regional Forum' started by Gelcoater, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

This morning?About 1:30ish am?
    I thought I felt something,figured it was Daisy getting off the bed because she jumped off.....and the whole house grumbled a little.Kid came running in freakin.:eek:
    Then fluffed up the pillow and went back to sleep:)

A 4.4 last I heard over in Fontana.

• Like Like x 2
  2. roadlizard

roadlizard Member

A few months back, my sis was complaining about Harley, her Boxer, acting goofy one morning. He was uncharacteristically nervous and anxious and even threw up, but after about 15 minutes he was fine. I asked her what time this happened and she said around 7:30. There'd been a 3.2 quake at around that time over in the central part of the county. We never felt it, but I think he might've.

• Like Like x 4
  3. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Oh, what fun! LOL Not really. :bag:

• Like Like x 2
  4. FredC

FredC Guest

I have actually experienced an earthquake in my own living room right here in the middle of Michigan.. It was odd because I never felt a thing but all sorts of odds and ends were subtly shaking, jiggling and just moving around all on their own.. It was all very odd.. But was was most interesting to me at least was that I somehow knew exactly what was happening even thou I've never experienced anything like that before or since..

• Like Like x 3
  5. gettinggreyer

gettinggreyer Hot Topics Subscriber

I had just heard about quakes in the Midwest.................They call them frost quakes.
    Last year we had a 1/2 inch wide crack going across our dirt driveway, the cause.....frost quakes!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Gelcoater

The oddest one I felt was a couple of years ago.It was about 6ish pm and I was sitting on the toilet:oops:
    It started to feel like I was slipping off the side of the pot,I thought to myself "damn dude,how much have you had to drink?" Then it hit me I hadn't had anything to drink then noticed the lamp swinging a little.It also explained who's loud ass diesel truck was making noise :D

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. gettinggreyer

gettinggreyer Hot Topics Subscriber

:spit:
    :lmao:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Gelcoater

Just had a jolt and good roller!

9. Gelcoater

10. scottr3

scottr3 Member

There have been a couple of earthquakes nearby in South Carolina so, out of curiosity, I downloaded the Quake Feed app for my iphone. I had no idea how often eathquakes happen! The app alerts me to quotes greater than 6.5. That's almost a weekly occurrence globally speaking.

• Like Like x 1
  11. MyBuddy

I heard about that, Gel!

You can keep your earthquakes and I'll keep my tornadoes, deal? ;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Marinegeekswife

Marinegeekswife Hot Topics Subscriber

13. Gelcoater

To each their own.:)
    When it was done I didn't have to go fetch my truck from a corn field a quarter mile away;)It wasn't upside down with a stop sign through the cab either:)

• Like Like x 1
  14. MyBuddy

Ohhhh, but it could be! When we both get the big one, we'll both be searching the trees for our trucks! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  15. MyBuddy

Well, yours might be in a sink hole while mine is in a tree. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  16. Gelcoater

Where's the California members?

RobbyDobie ?

Feel it?

17. Gelcoater

Another little jolt

18. Rach

Rach Hot Topics Subscriber

I've changed my mind Gelcoater .. I don't want to move next to you and eat oranges year round... I'm with MyBuddy I'll keep the tornado's

• Like Like x 1
  19. Gelcoater

Lol,you mid west folks crack me up.
    For what it's worth,my grandmother (born in 1928) born and raised in Oklahoma thinks tornados are WAY more scary than a quake. But,to each their own.
    It was a 5.1 last night,we barely felt it up on our hill.
    The one I posted about at 2:56 today I didn't even feel! Was a 4 something.I only knew about it from chatter on another site.
    Guess I'll just eat all these oranges by myself:D

• Like Like x 1
  20. Rach

Rach Hot Topics Subscriber

:D We don't seem to have the tornado's that we once were accustom to.. they seem to be moving south... we did feel our first tremor last year as they are becoming more prevalent around here.... many are speculating from the fracking.. I'm hearing on the news more frequently of minor earthquakes occurring in Oklahoma all the time

• Like Like x 1