Another good question..when to switch

Minionmama

I know we all feed our dogs different food and in different ways. My girl is on Orijen large breed puppy. She is 8 1/2 months old. She weighs about 60lbs and looks good. What age dog you switch to an adult dry food?20180728_164409.jpg

Wait until she's full grown or switch or an all life stages whenever you want.

Wow she looks great! I agree with moving to all life stages, but I'd say do it now. We switched from puppy food at 5-6 months. Large breed puppy growth should be slow and puppy food is very rich (causing faster growth).

I know we all feed our dogs different food and in different ways. My girl is on Orijen large breed puppy. She is 8 1/2 months old. She weighs about 60lbs and looks good. What age dog you switch to an adult dry food?View attachment 87345

You have a really nice kitchen and I like your floors.

I’d switch to an all life states kibble if I were jew.

Or switch to raw.

I know when we got our boy 10 weeks we struggled with tummy problems and mushy poops by 4 - 5 months we took him of puppy and he has been good ever since.

We always feed all life stages, puppy and large breed is to high in protein and is actually not good for doberman puppies. Dobermans are not a large breed dog.
I agree, our girls have only been fed All Life Stages due to the high amount of protein in puppy food. Too much protein can cause knuckling as well as other issues.

I agree that you can start the switch any time now. I doubt there's a big difference between the puppy formula and ALS so you could buy a bag of the ALS when you have about a half a bag of the puppy food left and gradually switch over.

She looks great!

So is it high protein or high calcium that's a problem with puppies? I'm searching for a new food and thought I'd found o e it's all life stages but is 38% protein. My girl is 10 months now.

Back