Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Featured Announcing Doberman Chat's 2018 Calendar contest

Discussion in 'Contests' started by JanS, Aug 2, 2017.

1. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Announcing Doberman-chat’s 2018 calendar contest!

It's time again to begin taking photo submissions now so everyone has plenty of time to get their perfect shots in.
    We are going to have 3 categories/different calendars again, which will consist of the following:

*Doberman’s in general Anything that’s scenic, playful, working, etc. would make for a nice calendar page.
    Prize to the first place winner will be a custom collar from Ridgeway Leatherworks
    Sponsored by Ridgeway Leatherworks. Thank you Rob!
    The collar can 1.5-2", 4 concho design for male or female or with a name with a few concho's and rivets. (Personalized with their name will substitute 2 conchos). Stitched or Unstitched.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Custom leather dog collars and firefighter gear by RidgewayLeatherworks
    Ridgeway Leatherworks

*All puppies (we have plenty again this year) and even if you have cute photos of your adult when he/she was a pup you are welcome to submit them. Pups must be under the age of 12 months in the photo. All breeds of puppies are eligible.
    Prize for the first place winner will be a Colorado Fleece Sweater. Sponsored by Euro Dog Designs. Thank you Katja!
    Euro Dog Designs Colorado Fleece Dog Sweater

Colorado fleece sweater.jpg
    Photos of some of the goods available and more information can be seen here:
    Premium Dog Products & Accessories | Euro Dog Designs

*All breed. All breeds are welcome! We love all breeds, so lets see some of your best shots of any breed you might currently own, have owned in the past or another persons dog you have photographed.
    Prize for the first place winner will be a basic custom made paracord collar and leash in your choice of available colors from Southpaw Elite Pet Accessories aka @MischasMomma!
    Southpaw Elite Pet Accessories
    Thank you Sarah!

This is not the exact collar and leash, but just an example of the work she does.
    Southpaw collar with buckle.jpg

[​IMG]

Rules:

*There will only be one winner in each category for this contest although all submissions may be used for future advertising purposes.

*You may submit up to 2 photos of each dog in each category. Please title your photos so it's easier to post the voting polls when the time comes.

* All images must be taken by you and not be in any copyright violations.

*All entries must be submitted by October 15, 2017.

*All entries must be in Landscape orientation or they cannot be accepted.

* A community poll will be created for members to vote for the winning submissions in each category. This poll will start on October 16, 2017 and run through November 7, 2017. The winner will be officially announced November 7, 2017. Only members with 10 posts or more will be able to vote in the polls.

* In the event of a tie, the first place winner will be determined by the doberman-chat.com staff and officially announced by November 10, 2017.

* By submitting an entry you grant Doberman-chat permission to use your material as a reference in other areas of the board and on DCF merchandise.

*We will try to use all entries in one of the calendars, but it is very important that you have a high resolution photo available to use for the calendar when the time comes.
    If you cannot provide a high resolution photo, your entry can not be used.

* The Doberman-chat staff reserves the right to resolve disputes and disqualify entries as they see fit.

* Please no photos with people in them. While they might be great pics, they don't make for good calendar shots. And be aware of your background as well keeping in mind what looks good in any calendar.

* You must be a registered member with at least 10 posts (no padding) within the last six months in order to participate in this contest.

* The Winner must be willing to PM a member of the doberman-chat.com staff their mailing address to receive their prize by mail.

*DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR ENTRIES HERE – there will be a special thread for each category!!!!*

*You may however ask questions in this thread rather than in the photo submission threads.

Here is a step by step tutorial on how to post photos, either from your personal photo host or by uploading them directly on this site (preferred).

Instructions for uploading photos can be found here.
    The simple new way to post photos! | Doberman Chat Forum: Talk About Doberman Pinschers

Get those cameras out and good luck!

Strictly Doberman’s entry thread.
    Submit your "Strictly Doberman" calendar contest entries here

All puppies entry thread.

Submit your "All Puppy" calendar entries here

All breed entry thread.

Submit your photos for the DCF "All Breed" calendar contest here

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Regalis

Regalis Member

What exactly is high resolution? I do everything from my phone, so would those be ok or no?

3. JanS

They have to be exactly 1800 high X 2400 wide but if they're bigger than that I can resize them. If your phone is newer and doesn't automatically size them down it should be okay.

• Like Like x 1
  4. XerxesYoga

XerxesYoga Member

Define all breed vs Dobi, My dog looks like dobis plays like a husky, Barks and T.war like rottweiler and stuborn and smart as Dobis ( or I think so!!!!!) ;-)

5. JanS

This is actually a good question. The all Doberman one is for purebred Dobermans but the other categories are for Doberman mixes or other breeds.

• Like Like x 1
  6. JanS

Just over a month left to get your entries in. Time flies... :sonic:

7. JanS

Only 2 more weeks to get them in! We're lacking in the all breed category...

8. JanS

Final week to get your entries in! :sonic:

9. Viemarangelrock

Viemarangelrock $ Premium Subscriber $ $ Forum Donor $ Hot Topics Subscriber

We seem on the 'light' side this year for entries?! Are we still struggling in the 'All breed' category?

10. JanS

That one is light compared to most years.

11. JanS

All of the entry threads have been closed and I'll try to get the voting up as soon as I can. It might be a few days since I was unexpectedly called away but I'll work on it when I can.

• Like Like x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1