Announcing Doberman-Chat's 2013 Calendar contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JanS

DCF Owner
Administrative Staff
Hot Topics Subscriber
Announcing Doberman-chat’s 2013 calendar contest

It's time again to begin taking photo submissions now so everyone has plenty of time to get their perfect shots in.
We are going to have 3 categories/different calendars again, which will consist of the following:

*Doberman’s in general Anything that’s scenic, playful, working, etc. would make for a nice calendar page.
Prize for the first place winner will be a custom True Collar!
Sponsored by True Collars. Thank you Ingrid!

Here is a sampling of some of the beautiful collars Ingrid has hand crafted in the past.
(Please note, a few of these are highly customized and not available as a contest prize without an additional fee)
index.php

More photos can be seen here.
TRUE Collars | Doberman Chat Forum: Talk About Doberman Pinschers

*All puppies (we have plenty again this year) and even if you have cute photos of your adult when he/she was a pup you are welcome to submit them. Pups must be under the age of 12 months in the photo.
Prize to the first place winner will be a Hurtta winter coat from Euro Dog Designs. (If you happen to live in a warm climate where you couldn't use a coat you can talk to Katja about an alternate choice.)
Sponsored by Euro Dog Designs.Thank you Katja!
930296_2.jpg

index.php

Warm winter dog coat

*All breeds. All breeds are welcome! We love all breeds, so lets see some of your best shots of any breed you might currently own or have owned in the past!
Prize for the first place winner will be a $50 certificate from Cozy Coats and More.
Sponsored by Cozy Coats and More. Thank you Pam!
index.php

Photos of some of the goods available and more information can be seen here:
Cozy Coats & More | Doberman Chat Forum: Talk About Doberman Pinschers

Rules:

*There will only be one winner in each category for this contest although all submissions may be used for future advertising purposes.

*You may submit up to 2 photos of each dog in each category.

* All images must be taken by you and not be in any copyright violations.

*All entries must be submitted by October 15, 2012.

* A community poll will be created for members to vote for the winning submissions in each category. This poll will start on October 16, 2012 and run through November 1, 2012. The winner will be officially announced November 7, 2012. Only members with 10 posts or more will be able to vote in the polls.

* In the event of a tie, the first place winner will be determined by the doberman-chat.com staff and officially announced by November 15, 2012.

* By submitting an entry you grant Doberman-chat permission to use your material as a reference in other areas of the board and on DCF merchandise.

*We will try to use all entries in one of the calendars, but it is very important that you have a high resolution photo available to use for the calendar when the time comes.
If you cannot provide a high res photo, your entry can not be used.

*No elaborate photo editing allowed, aside from cropping, re-sizing or cleaning it up a bit.

* The Doberman-chat staff reserves the right to resolve disputes and disqualify entries as they see fit.

* Please no photos with people in them. While they might be great pics, they don't make for good calendar shots. And be aware of your background as well keeping in mind what looks good in any calendar.

* You must be a registered member with at least 10 posts (no padding) in order to participate in this contest.

* The Winner must be willing to PM a member of the doberman-chat.com staff their mailing address to receive their prize by mail.

*DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR ENTRIES HERE – there will be a special thread for each category!!!!*

*You may however ask questions in this thread rather than in the photo submission threads.

Here is a step by step tutorial on how to post photos, either from your personal photo host or by uploading them directly on this site (preferred).

Instructions for uploading photos can be found here.
The simple new way to post photos! | Doberman Chat Forum: Talk About Doberman Pinschers

Get those cameras out and good luck!

Strictly Doberman’s entry thread.
Submit your photos for the 2013 "Strictly Doberman's" calendar contest here. | Doberman Chat Forum: Talk About Doberman Pinschers

All puppies entry thread.
Submit your "All Puppy" calendar submissions here | Doberman Chat Forum: Talk About Doberman Pinschers

All breed entry thread.
Submit your "All Breed" calendar contest photos here | Doberman Chat Forum: Talk About Doberman Pinschers

Like I said, please don't hesitate to ask questions if you have any. I can't wait to start seeing the new entries! :dance:

Since there is always some confusion on portrait and landscape here are some examples.

Photos MUST be in landscape format to work for the calendars!
Landscape copy.jpg

They can not be used if they're portrait.
Portrait.jpg

Can we enter dogs that are no longer with us and at the rainbow bridge?ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348031811.496084.jpg
This is Thor. 1998 to 2009

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Photo wasn't taken on a good camera so the quality might not be good enough. Photo was taken 1999 if I remembet

Can we enter dogs that are no longer with us and at the rainbow bridge?View attachment 14872
This is Thor. 1998 to 2009

Absolutely, but you'll need to submit it in the All Doberman thread. Beautiful boy! If you don't have a bigger copy I probably wouldn't be able to make it work for the calendar, but you're more than welcome to enter it. :)

Just a reminder that we're down to the final 2 weeks to get your entries in... :sonic:

Bah I haven't had good opportunities to take photos.. I'm going to try to go exploring this weekend and take some :D oh and I might just be waiting for that second pup for more pictures, hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back