Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Angry Rant Inside

Discussion in 'Doberman Talk and Discussions' started by Antman408, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Antman408

Antman408 $ Premium Subscriber $ $ Forum Donor $

So backstory real quick. There’s a park a few roads down that Rex and myself frequent 2-4 times a week for training. It’s large enough where we can be left alone and it’s not popular enough to be packed. There’s also an elementary school next to it which is gated and private but you have to walk around the perimeter to find a left open gate to gain access. anyways I’ve been sick all week and In bed with food poisoning so Rex hasn’t had any training or physical exercise.

Today however, I woke up feeling well enough to run and errand and take a visit to the park we train at.

When we arrived at the park, it was not busy however there were 5 children who were running around the entire field and occupying the entire field. I decided that they were there first and I wasn’t going to be a bother I was not going to try to use the field. I walked the perimeter with Rex to gain access to the school yard and field. We started training and a few minutes into the session, one of the children decided to hop the fence and open the gate and scream “dog”. So all of the children decided to pour into the area we are training in which annoys me, however their kids right? So I let it go. However, their parents follow along with them and one of the kids asks to pet Rex. Which I allow, however the other kids bum rushed him from behind and tried grabbing him which he doesn’t like. (He will typically growl and give a warning in this situation) but I pulled him away fast enough.

At this point I’m thinking “seriously? I went somewhere else to avoid and not get in your space and you follow me and annoy me. PLUS your parents are with you, they should know better than to follow me over here considering they had their own area”.

So I decide it’s time to leave and I’ll just go to where they originally had been. I left our training equipment on the floor ( chuck it and leather bite pillow) on the ground and brought Rex away from the children placed him into a sit/stay on the other side of the yard.

I was walking back to grab our stuff and one of the kids who had seen us using the leather bite pillow decided to use his bike to run over the pillow, but not just run it over, he did a wheelie and went down on it to try to damage it, at this point I’m fuming and I go up to the father.

I tell him “hey, you should really try to teach your kids not to run over and intentionally damage other people’s property. It’s rude.”

This c*cksucker responds with “their just kids you should be nicer.)”

Oh boy, that set me off and I decided to be a c*cksucker myself and I responded with.

“I’m not speaking to your children am I? I’m speaking to you, their father right? Maybe you should teach them manners. If I was speaking to your children I’d be nicer, but I’m not. I’m speaking to you.” I said more however I don’t remember as I was in a rage.

Anyways, I walked off and went to the field they were originally in and started training. Then guess what! The kids and mother come back to where we were at wanting to pet Rex, I grabbed our stuff, didn’t acknowledge them and just left.

I don’t get it? How do you not teach your kids manners? How do you not have common sense to realize this guy went somewhere out of the way to be away from us and give us space. Why would you follow him? These kids were 7-11 years of age, old enough to know better not to break other people’s belongings and not to touch other people’s belongings specially since they don’t know me.

If I had done any of that when I was that age my mother or father would of beat the living s*it out of me. My backside would of been red for weeks from the leather shoe or switch.

I don’t get it.

Anyways that’s my rant for the day.

• Empathetic Empathetic x 10
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Wow x 2
  2. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

Some kids are just not used to being denied. The lame response from the dad is so telling. The kid biking over your stuff was just being a total POS.

I’m glad you got out of there without them getting Rex into any trouble.

The leather shoe made me lol. Did your parents ever threaten to soak it in water first :spit:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Lizbeli

Lizbeli $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

Im getting angry just reading this... Kids drive me crazy in general so I usually just say no. There have been times parents questioned me in a rude manner and I have always wanted to say "he bites," but I know that would cause more issues.

Seriously. I just want to go out and enjoy time with my dog. Im not sure how old the parents were that you dealt with. But around here its the younger parents who just don't seem to know what they are doing. They have no control over their kids. I see this a lot working at my local police department. A child can clearly and knowingly do something wrong, and the parents still back them up like they are little angels!

I am a millennial and have a few friends who are parents. Im not sure if it was the way I was raised, but their kids get away with way too much imo.

• Agree Agree x 7
  4. Antman408

My mom would make me shower and not dry off before every belt and leather shoe punishment. Lol.

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

So efficient! :rofl:

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Antman408

These parents were in their late 40’s. Which irritates me more, I feel he thought I would of been intimidated when he told me to be nice but I cameback at him aggressively. It’s infuriating.

• Empathetic Empathetic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

My parents would have tore my arse up for that, then would have dragged me over to apologize and then made me work in your yard or something equal to buy you a new item of what I damaged, not to mention put me on 6wks restriction of no play, no tv, no friends over, no phone. Of course I would have never done that in the first place because I knew what would have happened to me. We always got the leather belt. A lot of kids today feel entitled and their parents encourage that. My parents taught NILIF before it became a thing. :D
    I was raised military so there wasn’t a lot of room for error without significant consequences.
    I am surprised you didn’t snatch the guy up by his drawers. Lol

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Antman408

I wanted to run my fist into his face, however being arrested wouldn’t do me much good. Lol.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

[QUOTE="Tropicalbri's, post: 574341, member: 7853”]My parents taught NILIF before it became a thing[/QUOTE]
    :rofl: NILIF for dogs AND children!

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Atingles10

Atingles10 Jr Member

The entitlement these days kills me. Im sorry you had to go through this, especially since the parents were there.

My husband's friends stayed over with their kids and it was horrible. Their 9 year old refuses to hear no. Our 9 month old has been around kids but not only And there.... needles to say the 9 year old would not give our guy space. When they got here he was stressed and wanted space, so of course she continued to run at him putting her hands and face right in his face. He continued to try to back away with hair standing up, and the parents were no help. Needless to say it was a long day and night of the kids doing whatever they wanted and me frantically making sure our boy was on best behavior :facepalm:

• Empathetic Empathetic x 4
    • Wow x 1
  11. Antman408

You’re a better person than I lol. When we have guests over I always inform them that this is Rex’s house and if they do something to bother Rex they need to stop. I.E. my fiancé’s friend tried hugging him and pulling him over and he did not like it. He growled at her, I stopped him but informed her that she can’t do things that make him upset. Lol

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Firestar Dobe

Firestar Dobe $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

I have grand kids and they have been taught the correct way to interact with a dog if the owner says it's okay. When I teach classes I always demonstrate how kids as well as adults should approach a dog. Those parents should have stepped in immediately! Thank goodness you were able to avoid a nasty situation because no matter what would have happened, you and Rex would have gotten blamed! As far as the kid on the bike, I believe that's called a future inmate! He was being a smart *ss brat and sooner or later, someone will put him in his place and then mom and dad will be crying that their little darling was picked on!

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Antman408

The father had a Whole Foods yuppy complex. He was a total Chad, yes if Rex would of snapped at the little kid I would of been blamed and Rex most likely would be put down for their child’s stupidity. I typically have him wear a harness with a “Do Not Pet” but my fiancé doesn’t like him wearing it because “he isn’t a mean dog” but it’s more so for instances like this.

• Agree Agree x 7
  14. Atingles10

Atingles10 Jr Member

My husband and myself told her multiple times to leave him alone with the parents there but this child doesn't listen and the parents are no help. I actually got firm with her and she wasn't a fan. Needless to say that was the first and last time they will be staying over. Thankfully he was amazing and trying to snuggle the kids but it was so stressful because they just have no boundaries for the animals. It was very stressful

• Empathetic Empathetic x 6
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  15. Atingles10

Atingles10 Jr Member

I can understand where you are both coming from. If they see that they will stay away but they will judge and get the wrong idea. That being said then you don't have to worry about them getting too close

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Antman408

Yeah, she gets embarrassed by it for some reason but maybe she’ll stop after the situation today.

• Like Like x 1
    • Wow x 1
  17. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

I agree you have a far more patient side than me. That kid would have got scruffed by me and held until he toned it down. I have told all my friends that have kids or grandkids that my dogs come first. It’s their home and I will not allow their kids to bully my pups. The pups are totally off limits when kids are here. If they don’t like it, then don’t bring the kids. I guess you can tell I don’t have kids.:D

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Mystic

Mystic Notable member

I absolutely agree here 100% That is poor parenting right there. Never would I allow my two kids to ever act that way. Common sense has been lost in a lot of people. Raising disrespectful little punks.

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. LifeofRubie

LifeofRubie Notable member

Ours says Do Not Pet and In Training. It becomes a conversation starter instead of a scary deterrent. My finace didn't like it either but he appreciates now that people don't approach her the same and that it keeps HER safe. We don't let any children approach either dog unless they show interest in meeting the kids.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. Oh Little Oji

Oh Little Oji Formerly Tad Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

I can relate. My (awesome) wife doesn't want anything that stands out or is different. I'm pretty sure she would deny a do not pet sign.