Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

An Australian Adventure (photo heavy)

Discussion in 'The Pet Post (Non Doberman)' started by jazzies mum, Aug 8, 2019.

1. jazzies mum

jazzies mum Notable member

Jazz and I have headed out for a month of roaming around where the whim takes us. We have just camped out for three nights on a leisurely drive up to visit friends. Today I am having an easy day while they are at work so will start this travel diary. It will be in fits and starts as I come in and out of communication range, but here is the first installment!

The campfire
    jazz0341.JPG

Morning mist over the lake and the many birds that use the habitat. IMG_6916.JPG

she loves the feel of lawn! jazz0343.JPG

her favourite spot so far. There is a warning sign for crocodiles but I asked at the local pup and they said there'd never been a sighting there so we took the risk. The cooler winter months mean the reptiles sort of hibernate anyway and don't feed. jazz0346.JPG
    jazz0345.JPG jazz0344.JPG

Then she had a taste of cookies and cream icecream on the Strand in Townsville, followed by a cooldown in the ocean. jazz0347.JPG jazz0349.JPG
    We will be here visiting for the next week or so then a group of us will head out for a combined camping trip. More updates as I get time!

• Appreciation Appreciation x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • Wow x 3
  2. Ddski5

Ddski5 Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Wow....that sure looks fun and rewarding.

Love the pictures.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  3. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

So exciting for you and Jazz!! She is so comfortable with the great outdoors and it shows in these beautiful pictures. I hate to say it but I am jealous. I want to be out there with you. It looks so relaxing and serene.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. CRDobe

CRDobe Notable member

I am very jealous too! What a fun adventure for the two of you!

5. LifeofRubie

LifeofRubie Active Member

I said this in the random photo thread but literally the stuff of my dreams! How lucky you have such a happy and willing travel companion!

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. Viemarangelrock

Viemarangelrock $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Absolutely beautiful! What a great adventure :thumbsup2: You have the best sidekick ever!

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

What a beautiful place and it looks like you're having a great time! Your winters blow me away since it's such a drastic difference from our winters.

I can't wait to see more photos from your journey as you get the chance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. strykerdobe

strykerdobe Hot Topics Subscriber

Nice pictures!

9. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

Wow, what beautiful shots! I love the pic with her footprints in the sand, like the beach is all hers. Just wonderful! Enjoy your adventure, can’t wait to see and hear more.

10. jazzies mum

This morning we took both dogs down to the off leash dog beach for a run around. Jazz was brilliant as I trusted her without her e collar for the first time out in public. A group of dogs came up, all friendly and interested and Jazz met them without going crazy and made no move to tag along with them. Recall was brilliant and she was playing with Jenny and Terrys dog Bailey, but would break off to come to me when called. :love:

It was a perfect morning on the beach. jazz0351.JPG jazz0355.JPG jazz0356.JPG

They have a cool little cat called Whiskey who seems to be fearless. Jazz is being educated to leave him alone, but finds him intensely interesting, more curiosity but no chances being taken! jazz0350.JPG

• Like Like x 4
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 4
  11. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

Perfect beach scene!

Lol, Jazz better watch out - Whiskey looks like he means business!

• Like Like x 1
  12. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

This is winter? Wow I love it LOL What a fun adventure you're having! Thanks for taking us along!

And Whiskey is adorable and looks unimpressed with Jazz!:spit:

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

You are making me seriously jealous AGAIN!:eekwtf:

These are great pictures!! Whiskey looks like a teacher and I imagine he will be quite efficient in schooling any K9 on cat etiquette. :spit:

Keep posting lots of pictures because you know we are living vicariously through you right now!!
    Jazz has certainly developed her skills very well under your guidance and leadership. :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. jazzies mum

Countdown!!!! Getting the off road camper ready...........we leave on Friday morning and both Jenny and Terry are resenting their last few days of work! jazz0359.JPG

• Like Like x 5
    • Wow x 1
  15. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Wow I've never seen something like an off road camper before. Sounds like a great time!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. jazzies mum

Camper trailers seem to be popular here for those who are going off paved roads. This one is heavier duty so it can stand up to serious rough off roading. So much easier than setting up tents and tarps, and the fridge and kitchen just slide out so you can stop and have lunch without putting up the canvas top. Surprisingly there are two double bed areas in there when it is all up so Jazz and I will have one. Basic set up is about half an hour so if you are late arriving somewhere it isn't that mad scramble before dark! Love it! :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Wow x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. LifeofRubie

LifeofRubie Active Member

I'm adding Off Road Camper to my someday-I-will-have-this list!!!

Little Jazzie proved to you she's sure maturing with her successful beach day!

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. jazzies mum

Here is just a quick one of our first stop. We stayed 3 nights because it was magic and the dogs could run free! I'll post more after the trip is over. We are having a fantastic time! The camps are private and well apart on a place called Goshen Station. This is where Survivor was filmed in 2000. camp04.JPG

• Like Like x 5
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  19. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I showed that camper to our son since his family and our daughters family go off roading in Colorado with their vehicles. He thought it was pretty sweet. But he said they're pretty expensive! Then he asked me, so you want to go camping? I said weeeeell I'm kinda more of a hotel girl LOL He said he likes a real bathroom too. ;) But would love to go someplace in the middle of nowhere just for one night. He likes to keep moving.

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. jazzies mum

The lack of a real bathroom does take some getting used to! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Well, we have arrived back from the wilds. Good to have an easy shower and a rest from traveling, but it was still not really long enough. We all had a good time, with enough bungles and laughs to make life interesting.
    Our first stop at Goshen Station was really the highlight and I'm glad we spent 3 nights. Jenny and Terry started the trip recovering from a dose of gastro, so we chilled here where the dogs could be free. camp01.JPG
    This is the place where the gas shower caught on fire.................while I had my eyes shut soaping up. When I opened my eyes and saw the flames I yelled for Terry to fix and bolted one way around the van while he came around the other. So I had my true nature experience................everything flapping in the wind!!!

camp012.JPG

camp014.JPG
    One of the nicer free camping spots on the way. It was an old gold mine and this chimney and the small lake are all the is left now. Quite crowded, but ok for an overnight stop. We were pleasantly surprised at how quiet these camp areas were.

camp018.JPG
    This roo was at the caravan park at Karumba. Karumba is the place we had as our end destination before wending our way home. It was a disappointment as it was very touristy and not so much fun for the dogs. Unfortunately it was here that that dreaded Gastro struck me and the next couple of days were a bit blaaaah. Jazz has attached herself to Terry and went happily off for walks without me!

The reason for Jazzies desertion................bacon! The last bit is for the dogs!

This is Einasleigh Gorge, a volcanic feature just across from the most amazing pub! camp019.JPG

The most amazing pub! camp020.JPG
    We actually camped up behind this pub for a few dollars for the use of their facilities. Went for a feed and a few drinks in the evening which ended up being a lot of fun! Many good yarns and laughs with the dogs welcome to be with us. :beer:Jazz got so tired that she was resting her head on my leg and getting a head massage with her back legs wobbling and dropping under her, poor kid. Being oldies we headed off to the camper before the station hands all rolled in for their Friday night refreshments................................and then listened to all the fun from bed! They ended up having the best brawl at about 1.30am, which Terry slept through and was sorry to have missed. Strangely, Jazz listened to all that without thinking it was anything to do with her. :love: She has learned so much this trip!

• Like Like x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
    • Wow x 1