Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

AKC Trick Dog Challenge

Discussion in 'Other K-9 Shows and Events' started by Panama, May 11, 2020.

1. Panama

Panama Hot Topics Subscriber

If anyone is interested in working on the Novice Trick Dog title, let me know. It is being done via video verification in a FB group that starts on the 15th.

• Like Like x 2
  2. LifeofRubie

LifeofRubie Active Member

hmmm... I think Moo has enough random things in his repertoire... I'll need to refresh my memory on some of the tricks and see what he'd tick of the list!

3. crypticintent

crypticintent Hot Topics Subscriber

@Panama I think we might have Ezri be able to do it. I’ll check with the wife for it

4. obbanner

obbanner $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

I'm doing video Trick Dog evaluations. PM me if you want me to test you.

I request an optional $10 donation to my herding club. We had three events cancelled this spring and had front loaded expenses, so we're hurting.

Last edited: May 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Panama

With funds going to your club, I would recommend members here go through you.
    The lady doing the one I was trying to help has several already signed up...so PLEASE, any of you interested, go through Obbanner.

Diva & I loved and had so much fun doing the Novice.

• Like Like x 1
  6. LifeofRubie

I printed the list and Moose and I are in! Rubie might be one or two shy of her intermediate, too. arg.

7. Panama

They have to be done in consecutive order. You'll need Novice before doing Intermediate.

8. LifeofRubie

yes, Rubie has her Novice title.

9. obbanner

Thank you, @Panama! I appreciate your recognition of how it costs money to put on trials and matches and your support.

10. Panama

Clubs need all the help they can get or we could lost a lot of them. Hopefully things will turn around before long.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. crypticintent

crypticintent Hot Topics Subscriber

So going through the lists, we are all over the place in trucks Ezri knows. But it will give us something to formalize.

• Like Like x 1
  12. obbanner

If you're considering doing a Trick Dog evaluation, please read the Evaluator's Guide. It has information that can help you succeed as well as specifies what has to be done. For instance, the guide states you can use food and lures in Novice.

http://images.akc.org/pdf/trick_eval_guide.pdf

Each trick for the Novice and Intermediate levels must be done twice. That's not on the Trick Dog Checklist for those levels, but it is a rule.

13. LifeofRubie

Sent Moo's Novice Trick Title Application out today! Thank you @obbanner :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  14. obbanner

Congratulations! :thumbsup: You and Moose did great! :wow:

I love this screencap of you and Moose. At the end of a trick, he turned and stared right at the camera as if to take a bow. :)

MooseAndEmily.JPG

Last edited: May 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  15. Panama

YAY... Diva got her TKN Certificate today! Only 2 more tricks to master before she qualifies for her Intermediate.

Side Note: Seems certificates are taking 3-4 wks to receive Certificates.

Novice certificate.jpg

• Like Like x 5
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 3
  16. Panama

YAY.... Joker received his AKC TKN Certificate today!

TKN Joker.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  17. obbanner

Congratulations on both Diva and Joker!

18. Panama

Thank you! Taking forever to get their certificates. I submitted paperwork for Diva's Intermediate 3 wks ago, and it's still not even recorded. And we start Advanced tomorrow.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1