Adding a snap to a prong collar

Ravenbird

$ Forum Donor $
When you have time could you post how you attached a snap to the prong collar? Curious minds want to know!

Doberman Gang

Hot Topics Subscriber
When you have time could you post how you attached a snap to the prong collar? Curious minds want to know!
So here are a few pictures of how I do mine after I buy them. If they come with the swivel to attach your leash I remove that and use the solid ring fir the leash. You just have to re feed the chain the other way. Then reattach the two chain ends with a small SS carabiner. It must be snake enough to pass through the hole of the prong connection. Before attaching carabiner you must install a snap hook of some type, again SS is best. Snap hook connect to other end of prong assembly.
4D0B2E57-E1FD-4CD7-BFA8-3149F508C492.jpeg 44D2E9FF-9B18-4429-B5F5-99D24E04DEA6.jpeg 70EE0D8F-8D89-4202-A18B-8CBB84870B6A.jpeg

Ravenbird

$ Forum Donor $
Alrighty then. From a lifetime with horses I know the weakest link is what breaks and I didn't want to use anything that would mess up that "martingale" design or use a ring that might stretch out. Yea! I'll work on this. Thanks a million.

JanS

DCF Owner
Administrative Staff
Hot Topics Subscriber
I was just looking for info on how to do this so I split this part off to it's own thread.