Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Added a cpl features

Discussion in 'Doberman Chat Announcements' started by FredC, May 2, 2009.

1. FredC

FredC Guest

Added a random photo block to the forum home page with 2 rows of 3 pics each. definattly adds a nice looking element to the home page. HERE

and also added a social group index at the bottom of the forum index page below all the site stats.

will be adding smilies soon and even a few more pictures in the header (upperleft hand corner of the forum pages.)

Edit/ i changed the block to only show one random picture in the right column

• Like Like x 5
  2. MLR

MLR Novitiate

Were there changes made to the Forum page as well Von? On my computer, anyway, the whole Topics section of the Forum page is narrower to the point where the Topics no longer span the width of the page cutting off the row of pictures at the top. the pictures are still there but the topics don't go all the way across the page under them anymore. Just wondering what's going on.:)

3. FredC

FredC Guest

no not that im aware of mlr. Anybody else haveing this problem??

4. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I'm not sure....when I read MLR's post I tried to understand what she is referring to and I wasn't quite sure...but if I click on Forums, the row of photos is somewhat cut off the right side of the page by half of the last picture. Is that what you mean, MLR? Just like here while I am typing, the banner above that reads 'NOTICES download our toolbar' is off the page on the right by just a bit. I'm not sure if that wasn't like that before or what...

5. FredC

FredC Guest

Changed a cpl things around not sure if it will correct the problem or not.

Also replaced the news headlines on the home page with our new featured rescue dogs forum... :D

6. MLR

MLR Novitiate

Not sure what you fixed Von. The main topics are still over to the left of the forum page. The pictures and the top five something down at the bottom of the page span the whole width of the page but everthing else is elongated as it goes downward and over to the left. the topics only cover the psge as far to the right stopping 1 1/2 pcitures from the right side of the page. I can still read it all and click on tipics but it's different. Also, dela's group isn't listed along with the other groups and I couldn't find a way to click on all groups to go there. Not complaining, just giving you feedback.:)

7. FredC

FredC Guest

Thanks MLR, I do appreciate the feedback and will look into what brought about the change. ;)

8. hrd2gt

hrd2gt Well-Known Member

i dunno how longwe have had that home page thing, but it looks great, especially with the rescue on it front and center :)

9. MLR

MLR Novitiate

What ever you did, or didn't do, seems to have fixed the problem Von. Now the topics span the width of the page better. Thanks.:)

10. MyBuddy

I'm not sure if this is only since your announcement, Von, but I am just noticing how several (not all) of the Avitars are 'brighter', lighter in color...gosh, I'm not sure how to explain it! The color has changed though. They don't look as rich in color, it's like you're looking at them through a frosted glass. But like I say, not all are like that ...mine is the same, but everyone who posted on page 1 is 'frosted'. Any one else notice that? I can see it in other threads as well.

11. MLR

MLR Novitiate

Yes, I'm noticing the same thing with the avaitors. Mine is clear and full of color but everyone elses is like looking through frosted glass, too MyBuddy

12. apbtmom76

apbtmom76 Guest

no I see what you are talking about MB and just thought I was loosing what is left of my mind. :D Good to know I'm not alone, lol

13. FredC

FredC Guest

the shaded avatars indicate offline members.. ;)

14. apbtmom76

apbtmom76 Guest

lol Thanks for explaining Von. That is kinda cool

15. MLR

MLR Novitiate

Forgive me Von, I'm old and stuck in my ways once I get used to things a certain way. What was wrong with the little green or grey ball at teh bottom of the avaitor space? Just curious.

16. apbtmom76

apbtmom76 Guest

It's still there MLR. It still works ;)

17. MyBuddy

Interesting, MLR! I thought it was my puter but I guess not.

Ok, I posted and then I saw a bunch more posts that explained it! LOL So I had to edit! Thanks Von, that makes sense! :)

18. FredC

FredC Guest

Sorry just trying out a few things here ant there, makes things fun and intresting. Plus to be honest im just expiermenting and testing my skills on this vB software.

19. MyBuddy

Well you keep playing Von and us in the peanut gallery will keep giving ya the input! (or complaints! ;) ) But the shaded thing is kinda cool. I think I notice that more than the "green light"! lol

20. FredC

FredC Guest

if you want to see the picture all you have to do is hoover your mouse over it.. ;)