Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Ace 6.5 months old!

Discussion in 'Doberman Pictures and Videos' started by DN2017, May 11, 2018.

1. DN2017

DN2017 Member

Here is our little rascal last wednesday! He is almost 6.5 months (december 1st). I'm a bit worried about the teething as he still hasnt had his big corner teeth. But as long as they dont push the babyteeth to the side we're good, right? When was your dog done teething?

I think he is just a late bloomer. He isnt very big or heavy (about 54 cm and 20 kg or something now) either. Not a problem, we dont love him any less and still think he is the most handsome boy.:angelic:
    IMG_20180509_165140_895.jpg 20180509_164251.jpg
    Here you can see his teeth a bit
    20180509_164250.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 3
  2. WILD ACE

WILD ACE Member

just in the last few weeks with teeth.Ace was in to vet mid april he had some testical problems and we ended up having to neuter him at the time or risk repeated medical issues and at that time he was 58 lbs. he is still a huge chewer loves the nyla bones and blankets are his total down fall. we cant have any blankets in our house that have stuffing or he just tears them to bits and pulls the stuffing out. your boy is so handsome i just love the ears Ace still has to post as they were perfect till his last month of teething and then his neuter they just kinda flopped so that has also been a struggle to get him used to posting again but ever day it gets better with him. we have a hard time getting nice pictures of him just resting like this as he seems to be a steam engine that just never rests.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Drogon

Drogon Hot Topics Subscriber

I don't know much about teeth but love his coloring.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  4. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

Ace is looking great! Hm, the baby teeth are still there, I think the suggestion on another recent thread (maybe it was @WILD ACE hard to remember!), was to give big frozen wet towels to encourage the teeth to loosen up. Maybe try that? As for weight, I think it's a good thing when they grow slower and the boys tend to have a longer time frame for growing up. I'd say around the 20 month mark, Kaiser started to look less lanky and more toned. At 22 months we agree that he begins to look more adult. Apparently the filling out stage can go on till 3 years old!

• Like Like x 1
  5. WILD ACE

WILD ACE Member

yes for the teething we did soak his tug ropes in water and then freeze.

• Like Like x 2
  6. DN2017

DN2017 Member

That's a good idea. He chews a LOT, pulls on his towel and tries to take his really heavy pillow through the livingroom so he does get some resistance on the teeth. They just don't seem to have any hurry to leave his baby mouth.

7. Ddski5

Ddski5 Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

What a beautiful pup right there.

We played ALOT tug. Ropes, soft toys, soccer balls, towels etc....

I believe Ragnar finished teething a little past 6.5 months. And it was evident that it was over. His was definitely less zoomie and rambunctious.

That’s a weird looking helicopter tree behind him. What is that called?

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
    • I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  8. WILD ACE

WILD ACE Member

it almost happens over night it seems. like the old saying if you blink you might miss it. as for dragging pillows and blankets all over the house thats for sure just normal every day for any age dobe..

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. DN2017

DN2017 Member

Honestly I've been carefull with tug because of the teething. It might be time to ditch the carefulness. I can't wait for this stage to be over... Sometimes I sit on the ground with him so he can curl up on my lap and we can cuddle while he falls asleep. We both love it and he's not allowed in the sofa. But sometimes he just can't control himself and starts biting my clothes (ofcourse I then stand up and go sit on the sofa again but that's not what I want). It's just so annoying.

I LOVE your boy Ragnar, I think you really don't post enough pictures of him! You really made me concider an e-collar (and proper e-collar training) in a few months. Since it works so wel for you guys.

Oh and as for the tree, I have absolutely NO idea:DThey were there when we bought the house and our gardener cuts them every year. I'd ask her what they are but we're moving next month so I don't think we'll see her in the mean time.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

Oh boy. Was he neutered so young? Try giving vitamin c to help with the ears. Whenever he is laying down, label the behavior as relax or settle. It may not work right away, but it can't hurt to start training calm behavior and only reward when they sit - also helps to contain that puppy energy!

11. DN2017

DN2017 Member

The labelling is a good idea, haven't thought of that yet! We did that with peeing as well, which turned out to be the best thing we thought him so far.

• Like Like x 1
  12. WILD ACE

WILD ACE Member

he had some blockage in one testical ( aka tumor ) it was very swollen and hot with infection we treated him the first few weeks we got him home before the boys even dropped as we thought it was abdominal pain then, and again in april when they were dropped and looked just nasty felt bad for him, so vet thought best to neuter. so we decided better that then watch him go through that every month or two

• Empathetic Empathetic x 4
  13. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

Sorry to hear that. Tough call to make when they're sick.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Such a handsome boy! I finally had to have a couple of Boris' canines pulled when he was 7 months since they weren't budging otherwise. It happens once in a while but he definitely needs those adult canines to come in so I would give it another month to see if you have any progress, then talk to the vet if you haven't.

So sorry about the early neuter but in a case like that, the decision had to be made.

• Like Like x 1