7 months old, Sore Legs

mshipway

Notable member
Hello
I have a 7 month old who recently developed a sore left rear leg. We did not over exercise him and did not hear him have any painful yelps or anything. We have been keeping him on leash and only out for bathroom breaks since we noticed this. I suspect it is some growing pain.
We have felt every bit of his leg and not one flinch or yelp from him.
We took him outside for a short off leash while I was changing some snow tires to regular tires and he seemed fine, but as soon as we get home he limped again.
I'm going to give it another day or 2 before going to the Vet. Any thoughts?

My ace had a front leg paw he favored at times. he was about 7 months the first time he showed any pain he would be running and playing and yelp them hold front paw up and 5 min later act like nothing ever happened after a week or so we went to vet she thought it was a slight sprain ( but him on no run / play /or jumping for 7 days ) and gave him 5 days anti inflammatory seemed to help him. Ace is almost 16 months now and has not had any problems since

Google Panosteitis.

Mine never had it but I read threads on here about it.

The elders on here know more about this.

Kaiser had this around the same time. It’s Pano which is growing pains. Key is the shifting lameness. It moves from leg to leg. They typically rest themselves. The vet gave him some pain management. Something liquid that I gave him orally with a syringe. It lasted a whole week I think? Ugh his puppy stage is such a blur lol. Around the same time we were moving him to raw food so it never came back though it is said to come back until growth is done at age 2. Check the protein in your kibble. Should be in the low to mid 20s, definitely not 30s like many of the good kibbles unfortunately are.

I did actually manage to stumble across a source for this info on Facebook, but fb is so stupid that if you leave the page open and come back to it later, the page has refreshed and you can’t find what you were reading!

I'm not well versed in medical issues, but my Dobes once in a while have gotten a limp or have favored a limb. Like you, I try to see if it will go away. It always has.

Agree with the others. Growing pains. But if it continues for days I would take a trip to the Vet.
Also I would Not Neuter him for sure until this clears up. I would wait until 18-24 months or not at all. These important hormones for Bone and muscle growth and development.

You can make a Turmeric Paste which is good for inflammation and pain.
Use only USDA/ORGANIC Turmeric, Black Pepper Corns, Coconut Oil and Filtered water.
Make it with low heat.
80F4D06F-34EE-49C9-8998-4E788C5FBA4A.jpeg

Keep us posted!

Also another good anti inflammatory is Boswellia
We give 1 per day.

61v+m89VVaL._AC_UL320_.jpg

NOW Boswellia Extract 500 mg,90 Softgels
4.1 out of 5 stars 215
$12.40$12.40 ($0.14/Count)
Save 5% more with Subscribe & Save
FREE One-Day Pickup
More Buying Choices
$12.01 (23 new offers)

Also another good anti inflammatory is Boswellia
We give 1 per day.
I should try this since Albert has the arthritis in his one hip from the tick borne disease. The glucosomine has already helped a lot but this is more to my liking for an anti inflammatory rather than the one the vet gave us.

Good news is the needle and the anti inflammatory pills have appeared to work. The vet asked us to keep him at low key and rest until he was not favouring the leg anymore. He is back to his usual self with a nice bounce in his step, carrying that head high and proud as he walks!

Back