Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

7 month old ear posting

Discussion in 'Doberman Puppies' started by Ericajf1110, May 27, 2020.

1. Ericajf1110

Ericajf1110 Novitiate

I have a 7 month old pup...his ears are standing up great, no creasing, (3rd Dobe)except the one curls in...we've been posting it non stop and it still looks like this when we take it out to change it. We use the backer rod method, but open to other suggestions to help it straighten out. Thanks!!

Attached Files:

2. Doberman Gang

Doberman Gang Hot Topics Subscriber

If it is just the tips I would use breath rite strips. Sometimes the way the tip gets taped can cause it to flip in or out. These strips should keep it straight

3. Ddski5

Ddski5 Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Looks like the right ear has a pocket and tip is bending. The ear leaning towards midline is also causing the tip to flip in. Fix the pocket to straighten the ear and the flip won’t be that difficult to stand.

I would backer rod repost with a bumper.

@JanS has the link for the bumper info.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Panama

Panama Hot Topics Subscriber

You might need to use a bumper in the right ear to push out the pocket.

Do you have a picture of him with his ears posted?

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Yes, here it is and I agree that it might help in this case.
    Ear Taping using bumpers

6. Ericajf1110

Ericajf1110 Novitiate

Thanks for the replies! These were his ears back in Mid April...they were looking pretty good. But I did add a bumper to the one ear. Thanks again, hopefully this works.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

They look much better in this latest photo you posted. Hopefully the bumper will help.

8. Ericajf1110

Ericajf1110 Novitiate

Yes, that was about a month and a half ago, so im not sure what went wrong! Thanks for the tips!!