• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

6.5 year old female Doberman

Ravenbird

$ Forum Donor $
In one of my nose work groups, it was posted that someone is wanting to re-home their 6 year old female Doberman due to female dog aggression. Lives with cats and chickens, everything is perfect with her except evidently severe female dog aggression with the resident older female dog. She has a NW2 title and is actively training for NW3. Both sire & dam are champions in show. I saw photos and she's a beautiful black. I personally can't imagine rehoming a dog of this age and accomplishments, why not just crate & rotate or manage? But that is none of my business, so I just offered to post to my "Doberman Friends" just in case one of you might be interested. They are located in N or S Carolina, I think. I will PM the original message, but don't want to post it here, as they are heartbroken to come to this and want no hate mail or hate messages.

Oh Little Oji

Formerly Tad
Hot Topics Subscriber
$ Forum Donor $
Oh man. That's the age of Oji, and they're from the same part of the country. They'd make great backyard destroyers! Is she cropped? Not that I am seriously considering such a thing. I've already got two nasty neighbors who suddenly have a problem with Oji.

Ddski5

$ Premium Subscriber $
Hot Topics Subscriber
$ Forum Donor $
Wow....

That would truly be engaging and interesting!!

Damn, I would eat that up but am two Dobermans too late.

Kaiser2016

I personally can't imagine rehoming a dog of this age and accomplishments, why not just crate & rotate or manage?
I agree, just deal with it at this stage, but who are we to judge if they already made up their mind. If she had gotten along with the other female for so long, but now is showing unacceptable levels of aggression, have they checked her out medically? We are always saying it on this forum that any sudden change in behavior could be a health-related. Sad for this dog at this stage in life.

Ravenbird

$ Forum Donor $
I agree @Kaiser2016 There was not any details, just that she couldn't live with a female dog. Maybe they've been dealing with it for 5 years and just can't take it anymore. We won't know. I know I have a lifetime contract that Asha is to go back to her breeder if for any reason I can't keep her. I wouldn't buy a dog from a breeder who couldn't hold this up. But again, who are we to judge? Maybe the breeder offered to take her & rehome her and the owner said she'd rather try first since she can advise 1st hand to the prospective new owner about her personality or problems.

Long shot here, but I thought I'd post it "just in case". I'd guess the ideal home would be no dogs at all. Can you imagine her stress with a new home after so many years with one?