Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

5 months old-He’s found his voice...

Discussion in 'Doberman Puppies' started by MelonJ, Nov 10, 2019 at 10:34 AM.

1. MelonJ

MelonJ Member

Pray for me! :banghead: DeSoto has found his voice. And his favorite time to use it is in his crate when we come home from having been out. He never gets acknowledged in there when we come home, I feel like I’ve even got my 6yr old and 3yr old toddler tip-toeing to the front door and whispering to keep him from going off—to no avail. No matter how calmly we get home, he’s now howling and barking for our attention when we pull up, and for as long as we’re in the living room getting settled in. Shoot me now. We were doing do well with minimal whining. The barking started this week. The previous week, he started blowing off commands and duration work. I can only hope and pray this is a phase and that our consistency with no acknowledgement of his bratty behavior, and instead expecting real calmness for a few minutes before being let out, will work out in the end.

I feel like I was lied to! :rofl: Doberteens weren’t supposed to start for another month!!! :rp:

Tips, words of encouragement, and words of sympathy and compassion welcome. :sorrow:

• Funny Funny x 4
  2. Viemarangelrock

Viemarangelrock $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

^^Hang on in there, it will pass!! He will act up - this is normal and something to expect. He will test you and push the boundaries to see what is acceptable and what is not. It's all apart of learning. All you can do is reinforce your training.

Your reaction? Sometimes any reaction from you is all he wants - are you getting frustrated? Does he feed off of that?

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  3. CRDobe

CRDobe Notable member

Grit your teeth, try to stay calm and continue with training. Having a sense of humor helps!
    Trust us, it will pass!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  4. MelonJ

MelonJ Member

At first I started off barking back with a “quiet!” or “no!” Or “SHH!!” in an attempt to interrupt the behavior when it went on for too long but that only riled him up.

So now I’ve resorted to just completely ignoring him while my eardrums explode as I attempt to get mine and my kids’ boots and jacket off and get us out of the room until he shuts the hell up lol.

5. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

:spit: OMG, I so remember all this like it was yesterday! Just a tip, loudness amps them up. It’s like your volume makes them think oh we’re about to do something exciting - I don’t think they register anger as a moment to STFU :rofl:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. Ziek

Ziek New Member