• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

4 year old female michigan

well life sometimes just plain SUCKS! AND IM PISSED! I am upset in so many ways.....I cant even start to explain. but the bottom line is arda plans to put jade to sleep

Dosen't surprise me:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Can you tell I'm MAD!!!!!!!!!! I won't say anymore cuz I would be banned forever if I said wut I was really thinking!!!!!!!!

i still don't get it, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
the one we had hope in and what rescued so many dobe's wanna give up on Jade, i can't believe it. don't know what to say

WTH I thought this woman was Jades big chance?????????? I thought she rescued and rehabbed problem dobes all the time???? What could Jade have done to deserve a DEATH SENTENCE????????? GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR:mad::mad::confused::confused::mad::mad:

WTH I thought this woman was Jades big chance?????????? I thought she rescued and rehabbed problem dobes all the time???? What could Jade have done to deserve a DEATH SENTENCE????????? GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR:mad::mad::confused::confused::mad::mad:

That's what we all thought BM. Guess there's no profit in this dobe for this woman; huh?

Tht's what I thought too?? Did Jade bite someone or something?? Arda won't even give her back now??

i have no Idea Don, Zoo could talk, so we are here in the dark, but it all makes no sense, so hopefully when Zoo calms down a bit, she might can come and explain what happens and whats going on with Jade :(

That's what we all thought BM. Guess there's no profit in this dobe for this woman; huh?

I know she doesn't make any profit,she loses money.
I have seen posts where she's had to put dogs down in the past because of health or behavior reasons,she can't save every dog and has to make difficult choices but I don't understand why she wouldn't turn Jade back over to Zoo if she's given up on her and Zoo's willing to take her back? That's very disturbing!! I'd really like to know her reasoning??

I know she doesn't make any profit,she loses money.
I have seen posts where she's had to put dogs down in the past because of health or behavior reasons,she can't save every dog and has to make difficult choices but I don't understand why she wouldn't turn Jade back over to Zoo if she's given up on her and Zoo's willing to take her back? That's very disturbing!! I'd really like to know her reasoning??[/QUOTE]

me too

And I don't know this person Don so I shouldn't jump to conclusions. Sorry for doing that.
I'm just saying profit wouldn't be her motive,I wish I knew what she is thinking!!.I've met her twice,so I can't say I know her either.But I know she charged a 225$ donation when we got Ice,then Shiloh(altho we donated a little more)and every dog is spayed/neutered,uptodate with shots,microchipped and housed and fed in a heated polebarn so she can't be making any profit.But this is certainly disturbing and not at all what I wouldv'e expected from her!!!

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

I emailed her and asked what happened.I don't know if she'll answer or consider it non of my business,but she's emailed me back several times in the past with answers to questions I've had,we'll see.

ok so here is the story.......

when the people gave me the dog I told them I myself could not keep the dog. but I would get her into a rescue. I tried several rescues but none wanted jade because of her aggression issues. I told arda all of it when I spoke to her on the phone.she told me she works with dogs like jade. and explained her tough love program to me. it sounded perfect for jade.

so I brought jade to arda.then I told jades past owner what rescue jade was in. and said they could watch for her on the web site. they did....but didnt see jade up for adoption. so they emailed arda. and asked about jade.saying what a wonderful dog she was.

so arda emailed back and said... that wasnt the story she got from me...and said quote " I will long remember both of your names

the owners called me (left a message on my machine) asked why the rescue was not nice to them.

I called arda to find out why there was a problem. as I told arda from the start that jade had issues and had bit a child.........did not break the skin! but still was not a wonderfull dog with aggression issues and needs to be around people.(arda said tonight I didnt not tell her about the bite.

for the weeks jade has been at ardas she has ajusted well and is not mean to the helpers. although she does not like men.

but arda said she would have to be put down now because she cant adopt her out knowing she had a bite in the past.

I could go get jade tomorrow morning.........but really......I have to be realistic. I have 6 dogs of my own and 5 cats 3 horses and 2 kids+a husband =jade dislikes cats..hates men....and cant be trusted with kids. so I am really in a spot! believe me I sit here and cry.....I wanted to help jade get a home not send her to death. I really thought arda understood the situation. I have been honest....now I dont know why this is happening.....but I dont believe I can help miss jade. roxie goes in for her second hip surgery wednesday....my house and pocket are not as big as my heart.I tried.......and I guess thats the best I can do.although it is breaking my heart.....

I did contact her owner and they are unwilling to take her back. they who loved her for 4 years dont trust her....how can I expect anyone to take this dog? I cant keep her.....

I am open for ideas.......but this dog really needs work. I just dont know??? im super stressed over it

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

I should add....I would go get jade in a heartbeat! if I thought for one moment someone would want her......to keep her....to love her......

but like so many tell me.....there are thousands of loving dogs being put down every day.loving dogs who have never made any aggressive moves twords people.and then there is miss jade who didnt get the proper up-bringing. god if I could bring her here for a few months I would.......if I thought she could get a person to love her forever.

what if someone adopted her thinking she was reformed.....but then jade bit? whos responsable for that bite? .........first it would be her family who raised her.....but I too would feel the blame.....in some way I guess this is helping jade. if she had went to a free ad who would have gotten her? I do feel like crap about it! but I myself cant trust her in my home........she is super cat interested and even if I muzzle her she will still chase down my cats if im not watching......chance would follow her bad ways and my beloved kitty cats might be killed. I just cant keep her! and the way she is now.........im not so sure anyone could really trust her. unless it was a single woman with no company? but then there is always someone who comes by........

I really though jade was going to get rehab and a home......I just dont know what else to do.I have my limits too......I tried......

i'm so zorry Zoo, don't know what to say and don't know how to help. its terrible and it breaks my heart to, if i could i would take her, but like you, i have to be realistic, i have a 12 year old here, his friends always come over, i have little nephews and nieces and sure i do have a husband too and two older son's, so there are to many males around here and i got my two boy's, so guess that wouldn't be the perfect home for her either and on the other side, if you would find a single woman, what she wanna do, she couldn't walk her, because she has to be afraid that Jade maybe snap at someone. maybe it is the the best. i do not know, i only know, it isn't your fault, you tried very hard and thought you found the prefect place to rehab her. i can't understand why Arda now denied you didn't told her, but guess with all those dogs, she might don't remebers anymore. its sad that Jade maybe needs to be put down, but like you said, tere are so many dogs out there what need this chance. wish i could say something different, but i wont lie. so please don't beat up yourself. you tried and you not just gave up on her, but you know with a record like this, chances are not really good for her. send a big hug your way.

also......I feel the need to add. I think arda helps many many many many dobermans. in fact I know she does......I dont begrudge her for this.or hold it against her in any way. her place is not a super plush foster care home. but it does have everything dogs really need for thier care and well being.this was a misunderstanding......and maybe it still is....I dont know....I just wish she would reconsider putting jade down. but if that is her finale choice then that is what needs done.I can only hope that some people read this tale of jade.....and take the time to get thier own puppy out and around people. because lives change.....and many look to get rid of the dogs when they no longer fit in the life of the owner.it is people like arda who take in all these lost souls......and give them a chance at a second life.

I am worthless poo on her rescue shoes! and she can just smear me in the grass.....please do not bad mouth arda. none of us are perfect......but few have placed as many of our beloved dobermans as arda. she has years and years........a lifetime in rescue of our beloved breed. for every jade.........there are hundreds of others who get a home and love.....so if arda puts her down I submit to her knowledge of rescue.....and I believe she did what is best.....I just really thought she understood this dog had bitten........not a nasty bloody bite......but a bite none the less.ok im venting...as I am just so upset.......I wanted a different outcome for jade

But why can't she give the dog back to the original owners when they said they wanted her back??? If they are willing and it WAS their dog, why not hand her over?

Back