1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

4 year old female michigan

Discussion in 'Rescue & Adoption' started by zoorox, Nov 25, 2009.

1. lady Dobie

lady Dobie Notable member

i am praying for Jade... is that her in the picture...gorgeous... alot of dogs do aggression because of fear.. hopefully in your sweet foster home all her fears will be swept away and she will feel confident and not have to rely on striking out...

2. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I'm a little confused, Zoo! I thought YOU were the foster. Why is she going back to a shelter? Isn't it usually the other way around? I was under the assumption that she was in your care until a forever home? :eek:

3. zoorox

zoorox Notable member

no no buddy......her owners couldnt keep her as she was biting there grand kids. they wanted her gone for turkey day.....I told them I would help get her into rescue and NOT to do anything rash....like a free ad in the paper or the pound. if I had to I would take her and get her a home-----somehow.....so they brought her to me......as they wanted her out ASAP. I however have 2 little girls ages 6 and 8 and 4 dobes of my own....plus a lab and a jrt lol! so she would make 7. my husband was ok with me getting her to put into rescue.but not ok to keep her.... I wish I could keep them all! but I am already starting to look like a hoarder ha!

I will however be sure this girl gets a home....I wont be just taking her to arda and forgetting her. if for some reason it doesnt work out for her at the rescue....if her aggression issues are to engrained into her....I will take her back and find some way to make it work.

I have a true love of animals and dobermans own my heart and soul.....jade trusts me...she comes to me for comfort....I will not forsake her. if all else fails she is welcome here. but being that she bites kids.......it is a huge risk to my own dobe smart kids. right now they are on orders not to touch-look or move around miss jade.jade can sniff them........but they cant pet her.just ignore her in all ways......it is working......but it isnt aa good life for my kids or jade. this is just a stop on her way to somewhere better for her.

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

also buddy......ardas tough love program sounds perfect for jade. she is made to work for her comforts and respect. this will make her seek out humans for her pleasure. I have high hopes that it will be a huge plus in helping jade to understand that strangers are not all that awfull. foster care in a real home is a hard thing for jade. I dont know.......6 of one half dozen of the other....I just really really hope it works......as 2 other rescues turned her down. she is not a eazy doberman- alligator.......to love lol!

• Like Like x 3
  4. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Thank you for that. :) I hope it all works out for her....and all the other lost souls. I hope they all find a loving family, for good! :)

You have a gem for a husband, by the way! ;)

5. DoberDon

DoberDon Hot Topics Subscriber

Arda's rescued over 3000 dobes and 1000 others so this won't be the first problem child she's seen!! She's done this enough times that she knows what works and what doesn't and she'll find the key to Jade's behaviour I'm sure!!
    Zoo,I'm not sure if Arda knows who I am or not,she deals with soooo many people!!
    I wish we would've stopped by,I'm really really interested in off grid living and would love the chance to ask someone who's successfully done it a bunch of questions.When you're going by what you see on HGTV or a companies homepage,there's a lot of misleading sales hype and you don't get any of the downside to their products.We did go with a Waterfurnace geothermal setup and love the savings,but I'm hoping solar panels make some technical breakthrus to get better and more affordable very soon!!

6. zoorox

zoorox Notable member

don a friend of ours is doing the geothermal heat and he said his electric bill is a nightmare!

the up side of solar....is if you are use to doing without all the high power gadgets and are just 2 adults it can work well.......it doesnt work so well if ya have teens and love high power gadjets lol! I have decided after 10 years of hanging my laundry by to wood stove......I NEED A DRYER! I also like to microw my morning coffee. but we get by ok......on laundry days and times I feel the need to splurge I just run the genorator so I am not sure how much we really save since we run that on gas and deisel .but I like the thought that we CAN get by with much less if we need to.

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

ps....arda said she has rescued and help place 5,000 dobes now!

7. DoberDon

Wow,I'd almost have to question whether your friends system is sized and installed correctly.We are all electric and last year our largest bill was 145$.I keep the stat on 68F in the winter and 72F in the summer.Our home is 1800sq.ft. not counting the basement which has 9ft ceilings,and it's all cathedral ceilings,16ft hi to the peak in the side wings,24ft in the great rm.I did put a lot of effort into insulating and making it airtite with some unusual methods,but I also have a huge window wall facing north!!
    I don't know if you remember how wooded Red Bud Trl is but our power goes off all the time,often on sunny calm days,it'd sure be nice to not deal with that!!

8. Apollo

Apollo Novitiate

my neighbor has solar panels and he saved so many electricty, that his meter runs backwards instead forwards.he pays nothing to the Pg& E for electricity only for the gas they use :)

9. zoorox

zoorox Notable member

no backwards stuff for me!!!! we have no meter lol! cuz we have only solar........takes a brave soul to live off grid!

don I will ask mike more about his geo friend...I just reacll mike talling me about a 450.00 electric bill and the house was never warmmer then 68

10. zoorox

zoorox Notable member

well miss jade went to second chance dobes today...OMG! I petted every dog there including some adorable puppies!!! here are a few pics of some of the rescue dogs

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and me with a few lol!

[​IMG]

don .you blue blind deaf guy is still there waiting for a home....the helper today is thinking of adopting him :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. BreesMom

BreesMom Novitiate

Great pictures!!! That white guy looked to be a good size!! The dogs looked like they really enjoyed your visit!! Did Jade seem to take the move alright?? Please let us know how things go if you hear anything!! Thanks for sharing the pics!!!

12. DoberDon

I was just wishing I'd asked you to check on Isaac for me when I started reading this,thanks so much !!! I can understand why the helper is thinking of taking him,such a sweet dog! Isn't it an impressive place.I don't think we'd ever seen more than 2 dobes at a time before we went there,and I'd never seen an albino dobe,or a fawn other than pics.I hope you had an easy,convenient and enjoyable trip.I'm sure Jade just had his chances of ending up in a great forever home increased dramatically.He's very lucky you touched and changed his life,Thank you for being so caring!!!!

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

When we got Shiloh almost 2 yrs ago,they had an albino there that had to be 120lbs and didn't look like he had any fat,all muscle,just a beautiful animal.I can see the attraction,but it's such a shame somebody bred intentionally for him to be "white" and he ended up in rescue!!

13. zoorox

zoorox Notable member

the big white was 130 pounds!

I learned a interesting fact on whites today..........arda says......almost every white is a universal blood donor! so thats my good note on whites......she also said all of hers have been long lived!

I told arda if she had ANY issues with miss jade to call and I would come back for her :) I will give them a few days and call for a update. I think it will be a big ajustment for jade. she is use to being a house dog. but she does really need this! so it should all work out well.

14. Apollo

Apollo Novitiate

thanks for the update and it looks like you still had a good time there and i'm sure its a good chance for JAde, please keep us updated and thanks so much for the pic's

15. BreesMom

BreesMom Novitiate

I find the long life surprising as I was always under the impression that they had a lot of health problems, but that big white in the picture sure looked healthy and 130 lbs WOW!!

16. DoberDon

I've asked her about albino's because she's had over 300 go thru her rescue.I was surprised that she said she's only had a couple deaf,they're all light sensitive(eyes and skin),and her biggest concern was so many coming into rescue and clogging it up.She's seen temperment problems more but theorised it's because there's such a small gene pool that they're more inbred because they all come from Sheba who was bred to her own son.I've never heard that about the inbreeding causing some of the problems,not all albino caused,but it sure made sense to me.
    I've heard of vet clinics keeping a "house" dobe for donating blood,I think normal colored ones can also be universal donors but I'm not sure.

• Like Like x 1
  17. MLR

MLR Novitiate

After the first donation from any dobe you have to have an exact type match from then on. Can't remember who told me that or the reason why, but I'm pretty sure it was at the vets office. But it's good to know there is some positive thing to say about the whites. Good luck to Jade in her new surroundings. :) I know this was hard for you to do Zoo. Hugs to you for trying.

18. DoberDon

Hi Zoo,have you heard anything about how Jade's doing?

19. zoorox

zoorox Notable member

well life sometimes just plain SUCKS! AND IM PISSED! I am upset in so many ways.....I cant even start to explain. but the bottom line is arda plans to put jade to sleep

20. Apollo

Apollo Novitiate

:eek: WTH, whats going on Zoo ??/ can you get her out there, she don't deserves to be put down, please take a deep breath nd then maybe you can tell us what happens :eek: