1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

4 year old female michigan

Discussion in 'Rescue & Adoption' started by zoorox, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Apollo

Apollo Novitiate

he pinched her in the butt or side, but not really was aggressive biting her, he growled and protected his food and didn't want her to come to close, but look at him he is starved and pinching butt, isn't that big of a deal, they should have try longer and give it a bit time, mybe seperate them for a while and just give them short playtime together and when they think its getting to ruff, give them a time out. i do that here with Apollo and Logan, when its gets to ruff and to wild, i yell at them to knock it off and seperate them for a bit.

2. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Well, like I said, some people just aren't prepared to deal with two dogs, especially when there's a bit of 'aggression' towards the one they own. If I really wanted this enough to go through the adoption process and drive 5 hours, I would have tried to work it out...at least give it more time. But aim that growl or bite towards my children/grandchildren and the party's over. It's not that the dog is hopeless, just not for me. But I think I could work it out with two dogs.

3. Apollo

Apollo Novitiate

i'm the same way, if its agression and snapping towards my kids here or something similar, i would not do it, but i think i would work it out or try with the two dogs.
    i have to many kids here all the time, friends of Tim, i couldn't forgive myself, if something happens to them, because of a dog. but my boy's doing great with kids and i'm happy about that.

4. zoorox

zoorox Notable member

ya know miss alligator jade just loves me now lol!!! licks my face and snuggles......so I am thinking her perfect home would be a single woman looking for a bit of dog protection. she has warmmed up to me in 24 hours....but she seems to only desire me. I imagine it is because she knows I am the leader and she had best tr to be my friend lol!!! she still just doesnt like the rest of the people....my kids included. but I really think that is there was a strong woman dog person out there looking for a dobe....this would be her dog lol!

this dog needs a low profile home...no kids and no cats....and only one or two humans.then after a week of settling I think she would be perfect. she is house trained and a good girl.......well......if ya dont mind the part of her that is alligator

5. MLR

MLR Novitiate

Good going Zoo. How many does this make in your dobe stable now?? :)

6. hall.christopher

hall.christopher Novitiate

Wishing you the best of luck with turning her round Zoorox.
    Go Jade!:D

7. MyBuddy

She's probably doing a bit of 'protecting my mommie'. Which, like that little Chihuahua in Dog Whisperer, can be an alligator! :eek:

8. zoorox

zoorox Notable member

WELL........she wasnt protecting me when she came at me inside her crate like a rabid schutzhund dog lol!!! I kid ya not it was NASTY! but she is ok with me now lol!!!

5 dobes MLR.......but this one needs a home or a rescue....

9. MyBuddy

LOL! Behind those bars she felt the need I guess, but see what a sweetie she turned out to be with you. :) Funny, how every situation creates a different reaction. And it's usually when they are 'confined', like in a crate or on a leash or behind the front room window! ;) Let loose, and a lot of times, (not all!) they are completely different.

How many dogs have you fostered in the past? What got you started? Just interested in your 'story'. :)

10. Apollo

Apollo Novitiate

^^^^ me too

11. zoorox

zoorox Notable member

woot!!!! arda is going to take her into second chance dobes!!!! yippie........she will have it ruff for a bit.....as she goes through rehab.but hopefully everything will be great! and I also let arda know she is welcome back here if she cant deal with her. so all is well! yppie!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Apollo

Apollo Novitiate

thats great news, i hope Jade make it and will find a loving home on the end :)

13. BreesMom

BreesMom Novitiate

That's great, hope she does well with the rehab!!! If you hear how she is doing will you please let us know?? My fingers are crossed...good luck Jade!!!

14. hall.christopher

hall.christopher Novitiate

This is great news!:)

15. DoberDon

DoberDon Hot Topics Subscriber

That's great Zoo,you're the patron saint of Dobermans!!! We got Shiloh and Icy before her from Arda and I couldn't be more impressed with her rescue.We went back for a reunion picnic/fundraiser there this fall and really enjoyed it also.I posted some pics several months ago from it.The people there will have her straightened up and well behaved I'm sure!!
    Both of the dogs in this thread have had everything and everyone they know disappear and I'm sure are stressed to the max.They don't trust anybody yet or know what to expect from these strangers.I really believe it takes at least 6months for a rescue dog's confidense and real personality to fully appear and stabilize.
    Tina,I know how discouraging this must be but it's probably best for the dog not to be there long enough to form bonds just to be uprooted again.That just ruins some dogs when it happens repeatedly! Also I believe some people just shouldn't be allowed to have dogs,and it sounds like these people don't have the qualities it takes to be a responsible owner!!

16. Apollo

Apollo Novitiate

thanks don for those encouranging words. it is frutrating, but i hope its the best for the dog and i hope he will find the right home.

17. zoorox

zoorox Notable member

YA DON WHERE YOUR EARS RINGING? I mentioned you to arda today on the phone :)

so here is kind of a group shot...missing atlas... up front miss rox who didnt want to sit due to her surgery..then chance..me! zoo zoo and jade :) I am so tickled to be sending her to arda.

arda doesnt use foster homes...she use's tough love and doesnt even touch the dogs for a few days.......she makes them earn it. so poor jade will be having a ruff go of it for a bit..but I hope that she learns to really desire humans :)

[​IMG]

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

try to get 4 to sit by ya..........they where all giving dober kisses lol!!!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  18. Apollo

Apollo Novitiate

great pic's Zoo...
    thanks so much for sharing and i wish Jade all the best :)

19. lady Dobie

lady Dobie Notable member

thats so sad Tina... but i hope that rescue realizes it is not always the dog... some people just are not the right people to adopt...

20. BreesMom

BreesMom Novitiate

Great pictures, they are all nice looking dobe!! Hope the tough love works with Jade!!