1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

4 year old female michigan

Discussion in 'Rescue & Adoption' started by zoorox, Nov 25, 2009.

1. zoorox

zoorox Notable member

hi all....ya know me cant seem to say no!

so we have a little girl jade. jade is a black and rust cropped docked female spayed. she has aggression issues. so she will need a STRONG owner to help her learn she is NOT the boss

I am not real sure how things will turn out for miss jade. she tried to assert herself twords me today....I managed to make friends with her....but then she tried to bite my husband. so over the next few days I am going to be working her in a attempt to correct her naughty behavior. not real sure how things will go. but I doubt anyone whould be interested in her the way she is. so im gonna give it my all to try to help her be a good girl...I have my doubts lol!

so wish me and miss jade luck....pray I dont loose my hands ha! I have never delt with a dog like this...poor girl.

• Like Like x 3
  2. BreesMom

BreesMom Novitiate

Wishing you the best of luck with miss Jade!! Hoping she can make friends with your Husband quickly!! How old is she?? Hope she is young enough you can change her aggresive ways without too much trouble or too many wounds LOL!

3. zoorox

zoorox Notable member

she is 4.......spent her life with a older family who did not allow her to meet anyone. I am not sure her issues can be fixed :(

4. heidi's mom

heidi's mom Notable member

best of luck with her

5. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

LOL....Check the title of the thread! ;)

Well, zoo, don't say that you have your doubts....that only puts you in a negative frame of mind....think Positive! I know, easy for me to say! LOL This will probably test you to the fullest. Get your "Cesar on!" I'm wondering why she's so aggressive unless she's just confused and bitter, like a child tossed around foster care. Is it just lack of socializing with this older couple? How is she with your dogs? I've never done this type of thing but very interested in following your story! Keep us updated. :)

6. BreesMom

BreesMom Novitiate

Thanks smarty pants :blush:

7. MyBuddy

:p:razzberry:

8. Apollo

Apollo Novitiate

i wish you and Jade all the best and hope you can fix her bad habits, she deserves a chance.
    i just was very upset, because we had a very goodlooking red boy here in a rescue, he got adopted out and the new owners gave up, after not even 24 hrs. they didn't gave him a chance at all and he is back in town :(

9. BreesMom

BreesMom Novitiate

How are things going??? Husband still have all his fingers?? Do you think Jade just wasn't socialized?? Was she good with her family before you?? Really hoping you can turn her around, although at 4 years old it may take a ton of patience and a bit of time!!

10. zoorox

zoorox Notable member

yes she just has never been around anyone but her owners....they created her bad habits. by not getting her around others.

she does REALLY well with my dogs....but is VERY interested in my cats lol! I keep her on leash when the cats are out.

I had my children ignore her this morning..each holding a dog bisket. she came around and too the bisket and let my 8 year old pet her. so basicly it is just fear of so many unknowns. we will have to move slow and keep a watchfull eye.

11. MyBuddy

mmmm...that's too bad. But some people just don't know how to deal with a 'problem' dog, especially if it's aggression. They may have animals or children in the home to prevent them from 'giving it time'. I think it takes a special person to go that route. Zoo seems to one of them! ;)

12. BreesMom

BreesMom Novitiate

Sounds like you are making some progress already!!!

I am so very happy that you just can't say no!!! I think you are going to do very well in bringing Jade around!!

Jade will never know just how lucky she is that there are people in this world like you!!!!

13. Apollo

Apollo Novitiate

that poor boy was in a shelter,,then goes on a cardrive for 5 hrs, everything its new to him and he didn't get a chance to adjust, ecause when he was playing with the femle of the house, he was a bit ruff and pinched her butt all the time, how can he adjust when he don't gets a chance, everyhing its new to him, new house, new people and another dog. they should have think about it before and take their time and give him a chance, but not even 24 hrs they want send him back and i know he is back now. he wasn't over agressive, just unsure and needed time, but that is want he didn't got.oh well i hope he finds a great loving home, what takes the time and works with him and give him the second chance he deserves.

meet Killian:
    Adopt a Doberman Pinscher: Killian : Petfinder

14. BreesMom

BreesMom Novitiate

Geez...did these people not know anything about dobes at all...it was the poor dogs first day and butt pinching isn't aggression during play it is simply excitement. I mean it is something they shouldn't do....but not a reason to return the dog straight away!!!!

15. Apollo

Apollo Novitiate

they do,because their female is a dobe, but she is the spoiled princess and just sooooooooooooooooooooooo sweet and loving, ok you get the pic, so soon the poor boy came home, he didn't know how to act and before he could prove himself, he went back to the rescue :(:mad:

16. BreesMom

BreesMom Novitiate

I wonder how the spoiled princess would act if she was taken from her home and put into rescue, then driven for hours to a new home with new people, just maybe the princess wouldn't be on her best behavior without a few days to adjust:mad::(

17. Apollo

Apollo Novitiate

i been thinking the same :D:D

just bad killian its a boy or i would have take im lol
    i just hope, he finds a great home, i was thinking to go to the rescue and check on him and maybe bring him a toy or treat, if i find someone who take me ;)

18. MyBuddy

Aw, he is beautiful! Someone will grab him!

If I were the same as these people I would have taken Buddy back the same night! He was so timid, hubby had to carry him out of the car and then out of the corner he sat in once in the house! He wouldn't budge, but not a nip out of him when hubby went to pick him up! Sometimes they will, in fright, but nope. He was very good about that but his shyness might have put some people off. I had to work with him for months.

This little guy is just a pup. They should have given it a better chance. Sad.

19. Apollo

Apollo Novitiate

and i'm the only one, who told them that, other people just said, oh we are sorry it didn't worked out and you did the right thing and bla bla bla, nope they didn't, they gave up right away. thats what i been thining, it took us 8 month, before Belle and apollo finaly got along. she was so bad to him, it was terrible, but they play together and doing much better.
    i don't know, but it don't surprise me, that he act like that, everything new, he don't know, where he belongs too and just acted like that, because he didn't know better.
    it breaks my heart and makes me so upset to the same time. just hope the next home will be so much better, he is gorgeous,poor little man, and he needs patient and lots of TLC and he will come around, i'm sure about it.

20. MyBuddy

Did he bite their dog? The female Dobe? Just a puppy nip or was it real aggression?