4 month old puppy too skinny

Abhi

He looks like a typical young male puppy. They all go through a growth spurt at this age where they look like adults, but because they are so young, they just look lean and lanky. My Euro male seemed to fill up around 3 years of age, so it can take a while! His parents are good looking European Dobermans, so I can see why you may think he looks too skinny by comparison, but he will follow his genetics, so be patient.

I agree with Rits that the homemade diet is a bit of a concern because one really needs to know what they are putting together to make sure the diet is balanced. Chicken and eggs are great, but what about the bones and organs? Adding vegetables is fine for adults, but I wonder if that means he is missing other vital nutrients for puppy growth that he might otherwise get from a good kibble? You said reputable breeders have been feeding this diet too? Ask them to double-check your recipe to be sure it's appropriate for a puppy. I also agree about adding a 3rd meal - it can't hurt!
I wanted an euro doberman and the breeder also said that he is European and his parents also looks euro to me too
but seeing my hunter's physique and face I thought he might be an American and that too of not good genetics
I don't know why I felt that even though his parents looks so good.
but just as read your reply that he will follow his genetics, maybe late but he will, it gave me a bit of hope so thank you for that really.
and I give him 3 meals but I am gonna do something about his diet now that I have read all your responses and I guess something is really wrong with his diet so I'll fix it.
btw can you share your euro's puppy and current pics?I love seeing Dobies transformations

Kaiser2016

Here is Kaiser at 6 months old. He's wearing a jacket, but I remember thinking he looked like a starving Greyhound 😆 But it was just a growth spurt. He looks like he is all legs here and his back was a bit more curvy like a horse. Sometimes I still think he has a lot in common with horses - tons of pics here: Kabin Adventure!

B9D8E032-A0ED-4E8B-B0C5-F9638EA50A09.jpeg

Nowadays, he looks amazing in every picture 😍 He's almost 5 years old in this one.
518D5B98-7B83-4EEE-A622-6E690F9A2970.jpeg

Abhi

Here is Kaiser at 6 months old. He's wearing a jacket, but I remember thinking he looked like a starving Greyhound 😆 But it was just a growth spurt. He looks like he is all legs here and his back was a bit more curvy like a horse. Sometimes I still think he has a lot in common with horses - tons of pics here: Kabin Adventure!

View attachment 122891

Nowadays, he looks amazing in every picture 😍 He's almost 5 years old in this one.
View attachment 122890
My god he is a beast now
And his pictures give me a lil hope now