• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

2nd update on Cinnia allergies

Kponza

Hi All,
Well Cinnia's bumps started getting worse then we had hives so we had the serum allergy testing done. The vet call me today (Sunday!) to let me know some of her bad allergies as he will not be in town until tuesday. Cinnia is allergic to chicken, pork, eggs, barley, wheat, carrots, corn, peanuts, all berries, potatoe, green beans and any yeast products. It seems just about everything I was giving her was making her sick. One of her favorite chew toys was carrots, and since she wasn't eating well I went from beef to chicken when that didn't work I was cooking her up some eggs. She was on Taste of the Wild Bison and venison the vet had me take her off that as he thought she might be having a reation to too much protein and he put her on potatoe and duck. The taste of the wild also has potatoe and berries. We have an appointment to go over the rest of the test results (there are more things she is allergic to) and work on a food plan on Tuesday when the vet is in town. My poor baby no wonder you aren't eating much. I feel terrible but how was I to know?
Kponza and Cinnia

You can't know a thing like this until a reaction sets in. It's not your fault. It's not like you knew and were feeding her the things she's allergic to anyway. But I know how you feel. My son was diagnosed with asthema when he was 14 years old and soon after that we had allergy testing done on him and, oh my, the things he was allergic to that I would never even have thought of (hamster dander!!!??). At least your finding out and on track to get her well. That's all you can do. :)

Wow, that's quite the list - no wonder.... I'm glad you have it figured out now and know what to do to fix it.
There's absolutely now way you could possibly have narrowed it down yourself with all of those different things in the mix.
Sort of sounds like my allergy mix...

What really scares me is this is only part of the list. Tomorrow we sit down with the vet and go over the "WHOLE" list. What is odd is that Cinnia is one of 16 puppies and yet she is the only one having this problem. She was the runt and bottle raised. All her siblings are show dogs and there is at least 20 pound weight difference. I will let you know what the vet says.
Thanks for the support
Kim and Cinnia

Sixteen pups in a litter? Holy cow....

Let us know how it goes, and our best vibes are going to her that you can find a good solution. :)

Dont fret to much, there are different degrees to it... My GSD was mainly allergic to chicken and wheat, the beats and oak was like, super mild allergies.

I am so glad you went ahead with the test.. with results like that, you would of NEVER figured that out from just changing her food around.

Wonder if being bottle fed prevented her from building up immunities...

Sixteen pups in a litter? Holy cow....

Let us know how it goes, and our best vibes are going to her that you can find a good solution. :)
2 passed away but they were able to save Cinnia. Her breeder bottle raised her. Cinnia's dam was was spayed after this litter (she was already titled) All the puppies placed in good homes (most were show homes) all the new owners had to sign a contract that specifically stated if they were unable to take care of or keep this dog that they would be returned to breeder that they would never be taken to the pound. Cinnia's breeder keeps in touch with most of the puppies owners (we have puppy play dates) or we meet at shows.

Dont fret to much, there are different degrees to it... My GSD was mainly allergic to chicken and wheat, the beats and oak was like, super mild allergies.

I am so glad you went ahead with the test.. with results like that, you would of NEVER figured that out from just changing her food around.

Wonder if being bottle fed prevented her from building up immunities...
That is a very good question I will have to ask the vet that and let you know.

more allergies

So on top of all the other things she can't have add green peas, tomatoes, shell fish, cows milk, sweet potatoes, salmon, soy, spinach and bananas. The vet ordered her a special dry kibble Wellness Brand Simple food solutions Venison and Rice. 1 easily digestible carb and 1 novel animal protein. She can still have her Primal RAW everything but chicken and pork. Spoke to her Breeder she was bottle fed mothers milk not formula and the vet said even if it had been formula that didn't have anything to do with the allergies.
Kim and Cinnia

I'm glad to hear that you have a food to try with her, and hopefully she'll be on the road to recovery soon.

Thanks for the update. :)

I really think raw is the way to go for you too - wow.. this is just great that you found out what was wrong with her!! Good for you and her both!! Now she can start gaining weight, and growing...

Back