2017 Calendar Contest Collar!

Max Hawk

Hot Topics Subscriber
Hi I just wanted to do a thread thanking everyone for their votes for Flynn's photo and to especially thank Jan for doing all she does for us all. She does so much to make this a great forum.
A special thanks to Rob for donating the collar and for doing such a great job and being so awesome to work with.. I thought I had kicked my collar addiction but I was wrong ...lol I'm now officially back on the wagon!! Oh well. ;)
The photos really do not do justice to the collars ..oh yes I forgot to tell ya I had me make two instead of one.. when I found these conchos I had to have two..Besides Dobermans, elk are among some of my favorite subjects so these had meaning for me. They remind me of the collars from ancient times and perhaps should grace the neck of those giant Irish Wolfhounds! ;)
Anyway time to let ya all see a few photos..did the best I could..We are smack dab in the middle of a wet and wild storm so shooting photos is a bit interesting..I wish it was colder for snow but it's really quite warn and seriously windy as I type this.
This guy that I took a photo of last year was my inspiration so I thought I would add his photo..almost the same as the cochos!
croppedIMG_8585 reduced.jpgFlynn out in the yard today..at least I got out there between rain storms!
AD7A0951 copy REDUCED.jpg A close up with Jake modeling
AD7A1090 copy.jpg The color is just gorgeous and here is where the photos are not really accurate.. Indoor shots show it's true colors a bit better.
IMG_9418 copy reduced.jpg One more indoor shot and I think I've bore everyone sufficiently hehe
IMG_9414 REDUCED.jpg

Wow it's been a while since I've posted a thread. please excuse the typos ..next time I'll look at it more carefully!

Great pics, as always...in fact...too caught up in that to notice any typos...and I ALWAYS notice them (it's a flaw of mine, actually!...need to focus on the bigger picture!)

Wow! Another beautiful masterpiece from Rob (x2) His work is just exquisite.

I always think I'm done with collars & leashes, too. Till something eye catching pops up then I'm pulled right back in again lol.

Flynn and Jake are great models and their colours make their collars pop. Love them!

Last edited:
I can't wait to get a design going and collars made for Bogie and Bacall. They are going to look very impressive when they get them and we will certainly be downtown KW showing them off.

Wow those are gorgeous and the dogs look great in them! Beautiful work once again Rob!

Back