2 Year Old Doberman Peeing Crate Again After Being Trained

NoelleEvi

Novitiate
So, lately (I believe starting 2 weeks ago), my doberman has started peeing in his crate again at around 3AM - 4AM. He has been potty trained and has been able to wait till 5AM after going at 11PM at night.

Because he’s been peeing in his crate so often, we let him out at 10PM and then again at 12AM in hopes he can wait until 5AM, when everyone in the house is up.

It worked for a few days, but he peed in his crate again this morning at 3:30AM. Any tips or ideas on what this is or how to deal with it?

I would make sure it wasn’t a medical issue. Also no water after 7:00 pm. What size crate is it. If the crate is too big they may still pee in it. Only needs to be big enough to lay down in.

I would make sure it wasn’t a medical issue. Also no water after 7:00 pm. What size crate is it. If the crate is too big they may still pee in it. Only needs to be big enough to lay down in.
His crate is big enough for him to turn and can barely stand in it. Is that still too big? I’ll also take him to the vet my next day off to make sure it’s not a medical issue.

I would try cutting back his water intake earlier . Then go out to potty at his regular time before bed . Hope it works.
We already cut back his water intake, but probably not enough to where it leaves his system. I’ll cut it earlier and hopefully that helps.

We already cut back his water intake, but probably not enough to where it leaves his system. I’ll cut it earlier and hopefully that helps.

If you cut back on the liquids before bedtime. Then a vet check would be in order.
I would make sure it's not a medical issue like a UTI. I would get a full blood panel and Chemistries which can look at Kidneys values and other things. Also get a urine culture for analysis.
If you can get a first sample in the AM.

Keep us updated.

Then a vet check would be in order.
I would make sure it's not a medical issue like a UTI. I would get a full blood panel and Chemistries which can look at Kidneys values and other things. Also get a urine culture for analysis.
If you can get a first sample in the AM.
This is what I was going to say too. If he was good about it but suddenly started again I would suspect a medical issue like a UTI.

Back