Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

“blue Buffalo” Sued In Federal Court By Purina

Discussion in 'Canine News/Informative Articles' started by Pet Defense, May 9, 2014.

1. Pet Defense

Pet Defense RSS Poster

http://www.petfoodhonesty.com/index.php?msg=U3VjY2Vzcw== UPDATE: May 7, 2014 AS SEEN ON THE PURINA SITE Purina-Blue-Buffalo ( <—click to read complaint against AR Blue buffalo) PD: …NOTICE THE VERY PLAIN WORDING FOR THE COURT IN THE COMPLAINT. //WE (PDefense)– URGE OWNERS TO BOYCOTT BLUE BUFFALO WHICH WE THINK IS AN AR BRAND, USING AR TACTICS ON TV AND OTHERWISE. … Continue reading →[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Dobs4ever

Dobs4ever Hot Topics Subscriber

Well the commercial has always turned me off by their reference to wolves - which our dogs are not. With the AR reference I need to watch it again and pay better attention to AR leanings.

• Like Like x 1
  3. FredC

FredC Guest

Wow Blue is getting from all directions..

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dobs4ever

Falsehoods will catch you every time!!! I am sure Purina did not just pursue it on a whim - not with their reputation on the line.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

Hypocrisy at its finest.
    The makers of Beniful are suing on claims the BB isn't what it appears.
    Meanwhile they bombard us with adds of how great Beniful is.:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 3
  6. FredC

FredC Guest

Gel are you one of those people who are annoyed by the fact that the same people who make your radar detectors are the same people who provide the Radars to the police in the first place? :p

• Like Like x 2
  7. Gelcoater

More like one of those guys annoyed be the fact radar is used;)

• Like Like x 3
  8. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

Purina has nothing to lose here. They get to pretend like they care about the health of your dogs, and they get to damage a huge competitor.

A good example of a company trying to monopolize their position on mediocre dog foods.

• Like Like x 1
  9. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

[​IMG]

This is why its such a silly argument.

Or this...

Ingredients: Whole grain corn, meat and bone meal, corn glutenmeal, animal fat preserved with mixed tocopherols, soybean meal,poultry by-product meal, egg and chicken flavor, whole grain wheat,animal digest, salt, calcium carbonate, potassium chloride, dicalcium phosphate, choline chloride, zinc sulfate, yellow 6, vitamin E supplement, l-lysine monohydrochloride, ferrous sulfate, yellow 5, red 40, manganese sulfate, niacin, blue 2, vitamin A supplement, copper sulfate, calcium pantothenate, garlic oil, pyridoxine hydrochloride, vitamin B12 supplement, thiamine mononitrate, vitamin D3 supplement, riboflavin supplement, calcium iodate, menadione sodium bisulfitecomplex (source of vitamin K activity), folic acid, biotin, sodium selenite

I think we can all see the less then stellar stuff in there.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Dobs4ever

Beniful does not lie about its ingriedents - As long as dog food has the vitamins and minerals which all dog foods add BTW then it is sufficient for dogs. It might be good to also consider that there are many people who will not spend the money we spend for a bag of dog food so at least it allows them to own and love a pet. I do not think you can measure love by the cost of a bag of dog food.

Understandably people who show dogs have more money and interest as well as more knowledge about ingredients although I am not convinced that one dog food is much better than another if the nutrients are there. Even as people there are foods some are allergic to so some ingredients do not do well with some dogs and we all know Dobermans tend to be very sensitive. I know we used to have a member here who fed a sport dog mix to his doberman and said he did great on it and loved it. So it might not be that the food is so bad but that some dogs are sensitive to it. Don't you know Dobermans are HIGH maintaince!!!

For me if the food was bad then dogs would die. If some live long healthy lives then it can't be all bad. Does not mean I want to feed it just it is not for everyone.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Gelcoater

They don't lie about it but lie by saying its great food...it's not.Hell,even the name if the food is misleading,a play on beneficial.
    That food is what sent Daisy to the vet,bad allergic reaction to the high corn content.
    I'm really torn on this issue as I have two dog,one on Blue one on Purina Pro-Plan.Respectively,they do well one their foods.
    This deal it looks like will have me making the switch to something else.Hopefully something they can both thrive on.Toning down Rocky's energy level might be a plus,that boy just never stops.

12. FredC

FredC Guest

lol the difference here is night and day.. high energy food for a dog that doesn't need it is the equivalent of giving a kid with ADHD a red bull for breakfast and some crack for lunch.. :)

• Like Like x 3
  13. Dobs4ever

You never fail to crack me up!!!