Recent content by LifeofRubie

  1. LifeofRubie

    Critters and wildlife in your area - post your pics

    There is a woman on social media who has a roadrunner (not sure if it's through some sort of rehab thing or if he's wild and just hangs with her) but I SWEAR that bird wags his tail when he brings her a treasure! I know I posted the Chinese Mantis I found the other day in the garden thread but...
  2. LifeofRubie

    Um, no words.

    I tell you what... I hopped over to their FB page and they full on embrace The Hate. No engagement is bad engagement on social media, unfortunately. They interestingly do not allow comments on the FB posts lol
  3. LifeofRubie

    Washington DC law bans landlords from imposing dog breed restrictions

    That was my first thought, as well. It's been a hot minute since I've rented but are you usually required to have renters insurance? which itself likely doesn't cover dog situations; that's an additional sort of "umbrella" type situation? I think even as home owners, we have the umbrella
  4. LifeofRubie

    Random Pet Photo of the Day - 2026

    Always on-board with the Get Your Dog a Dog method :rofl: I've been bouncing around other threads for quite some time without really sharing in much of the way of my own doggo's! It's HS Football Season so we popped over to the game Friday night to watch a quarter from outside the fence
  5. LifeofRubie

    Questions re cropping viewed as cruelty or not

    The C/D convo is certainly an interesting one. As mentioned, you'd be hard pressed to find a reputable breeder that doesn't C/D (and remove the front dew claws which is always a part of conversation that is often forgotten). At the time of the crop, particularly, a breeder might not know what...
  6. LifeofRubie

    Games with your dogs!

    Obviously Asha had a terrible time. How could you taunt her with a potato like that? 😂😂 Seriously, this looks like a such a fun way to practice and enforce skills but in a low "risk" scenario (which dogs can always read). The laughing with friends always makes it better, too 😁
  7. LifeofRubie

    Meet our first foster fail.

    look at that FACE :hearteyes: How lucky she landed with your family!!! Can't wait to hear the updates of her settling and truly blossoming
  8. LifeofRubie

    Pepper 🌶️

    What a fun day celebrating your best friend. Happiest of Birthdays to Pepper!!!
  9. LifeofRubie

    Happy 4th Birthday to Elroy!

    What a happy birthday, Mr Elroy!!!
  10. LifeofRubie

    Random Pet Photo of the Day - 2026

    Oh, I love that third picture of the both of you!
  11. LifeofRubie

    Random Pet Photo of the Day - 2026

    I had a hard run yesterday so I decided we all deserved ice cream :thumbsup:
  12. LifeofRubie

    Random Pet Video of the Day - Share yours!

    I always give the puppies permission to 'go for it' when we refill the food bin. Rubie, who eats purely to stay alive, will partake. Moose, who's a chow hound through and through, cannot be convinced it's not some sort of trick. After this, I even shooed Rubie away and tried to give him more...
  13. LifeofRubie

    Submit your photos for the 2027 DCF All Breed calendar here

    I'll start digging through photo's! I'm sure I've got a couple that would work :thumbsup:
  14. LifeofRubie

    UKC showing and how Zastava got there.

    It is interesting (and unfortunate?) the reputation AKC has vs UKC. When we were competing in Agility, it was almost always UKC or CPE. We did a couple of AKC trials and the vibe was just meh. I was in the peanut gallery watching someone run their young dog in a low level and they had a couple...
  15. LifeofRubie

    Random Pet Photo of the Day - 2026

    We love dog days at the Arboretum!

Back
Top