Recent content by JanS

  1. JanS

    Games with your dogs!

    That looks like a ton of fun! We did the spoon race at horse playdays, except we had a raw egg on the spoon. I did learn that if you splat a raw egg on the saddle, it really polished it up. LOL
  2. JanS

    Questions re cropping viewed as cruelty or not

    The bandaging really doesn't happen much anymore since it's better to leave the edges exposed as they heal. Posting is a totally different thing you do after the edges are completely healed to get the ears standing in the correct stance. It seems intimidating the first couple times you do it but...
  3. JanS

    Questions re cropping viewed as cruelty or not

    It doesn't tell you everything you need to know but it's definitely a good start. As you start your search for a pup feel free to ask all of the questions you might have and if you find a breeder you like, run them past us and we can help you out. One of our members in IN has an occasional...
  4. JanS

    Daisy

    That was @Gelcoater when he lost Daisy years ago.
  5. JanS

    Questions re cropping viewed as cruelty or not

    Welcome from Minnesota! Cropping and docking is the breed standard and it is in no way cruel like some of the animal activists are trying to state. The docked tail is in part so a predator can't grab them by the tail to try to take them down, not to mention I have heard of lots of cases where...
  6. JanS

    CGCU passed!

    That is totally Olive and I don't think I've heard such a deep growl out of her until we've stayed in a hotel room and she was in clear protective mode in "our space". I'm thinking of bringing Elroy for a 1 night hotel stay next weekend just to expose him to all of the different things when...
  7. JanS

    Katyusha and Zastava

    And that is huge to make our search function work the way it's supposed to.
  8. JanS

    Washington DC law bans landlords from imposing dog breed restrictions

    Landlords can no longer refuse pit bulls, rottweilers, dobermans or other breeds considered ‘scary’ Alba Asenjo Domínguez Thu 1 Oct 2026 18.34 EDT Share Landlords in Washington DC will no longer be able to refuse a tenant’s dog based on its breed, size or weight, nor can they impose special...
  9. JanS

    Daisy

    She was a beautiful girl and we all have memories of her from your stories.
  10. JanS

    Throw Back Thursday

    She looks a lot like Rubie in that first photo - beautiful!
  11. JanS

    Katyusha and Zastava

    Congratulations! I know you two have worked hard at it and she is a natural.
  12. JanS

    Meet our first foster fail.

    Some people can be such lazy idiots. :(
  13. JanS

    DPCA drama

    That's all BS but I can either wait or watch videos from friends attending it.
  14. JanS

    DPCA drama

    Sadly that is what it has become, IMO. I've thought about going to the Nationals more than once but it is impossible to get a room unless you sit on the computer the second registration opens up like waiting to get a hot concert ticket.
  15. JanS

    Random Pet Video of the Day - Share yours!

    I wonder how many of the latest generations know what gee and haw actually mean? I think that was one of our old members here or at least they shared that video before.

Back
Top