Recent content by DobieDesire

  1. DobieDesire

    CGCU passed!

    I hear ya. My town, population 648, and the nearest town 35 minutes away population 3,000. When Oskar was a pup about the only thing I could do, close by, was take him to the bigger town and sit in front of the grocery store, and walk up and down the street. Did that quite often. Bigger...
  2. DobieDesire

    Robert Cabral youtube: Teaching come, easy reliable and fast

    When I had Doberman puppies, I'd take them to a beach, park, let them get distracted, call them, then run away from them. You could see them panic, turn around and hustle to catch up to me. Worked like a charm. Last puppy I got was a GSD, now that was a tough one. He would just sit and...
  3. DobieDesire

    Random Pet Photo of the Day - 2026

    The Carl Vinson?? USS Nimitz? The Ronald Reagan??
  4. DobieDesire

    Backyard Chickens?

    Haha, I do the same, birds, mice that have drowned in the water trough, up onto a roof. Dead squirrels go out the back gate for the coyotes, bob cats, vultures, bears................
  5. DobieDesire

    Backyard Chickens?

    Ah yes, roosters can be useful. When I had chickens my rooster would keep his eye out and squawk a funny squawk when any predatory birds were about. The hens would run for cover then. Never lost a chicken to wildlife, but plenty of trees around they could hide under. Ah yes, and I never had...
  6. DobieDesire

    Skin problem - systemic?

    Oh my goodness dobieduo, how devastating. I'm so sorry to hear that, miserable to see them so uncomfortable and decline so. I would have done the same as you. I won't have any of my animals suffer. Hugs to you.
  7. DobieDesire

    Critters and wildlife in your area - post your pics

    He's to sure about that skunk The Boys getting a drink of water. Haven't gotten a photo of a Mt Lion in a LONG time, this isn't a very good photo, but you can tell it's a mt lion
  8. DobieDesire

    Critters and wildlife in your area - post your pics

    I think Armadillos look so cool, a real prehistoric animal.
  9. DobieDesire

    Asha turns 7

    Happy Birthday Asha, and here's to many more! 🍰:beer:
  10. DobieDesire

    Definitions of training terms: Drive and Threshold

    Wow, that must've been some horse there!
  11. DobieDesire

    FastCat

    So glad to see my Oskar is not the only one that screams like a banshee. Yes, it is embarrassing, stop at a rest stop, let him out of the truck/car, and he starts screaming, people look at me, thinking I'm beating him for sure. I get home from the grocery store, he meets me at the gate...
  12. DobieDesire

    Random Pet Photo of the Day - 2026

    Oskar has Pannus, so he needs to wear them to protect his eyes from UV. He also has discoid lupus, so on a hot day, we go to the lake for play. I really look forward to winter, and snow, so we can go for walks in the middle of the day.
  13. DobieDesire

    Critters and wildlife in your area - post your pics

    I keep all my buckets upside down, otherwise I end up with dead mice.
  14. DobieDesire

    Random Pet Photo of the Day - 2026

    Today at the lake

Back
Top