Recent content by Ddski5

  1. Ddski5

    Questions re cropping viewed as cruelty or not

    You know, as far as posting the ears goes… IMO- raising, training and owning a Doberman is a lot like raising a child and taking care of the ears is part of the journey. The amount of time, care and energy needed helps to create the extremely strong bond between Doberman and owner. It also...
  2. Ddski5

    Questions re cropping viewed as cruelty or not

    Ive seen many a natural ear, tail wagging Doberman through this site and must say they are beautiful and handsome dogs but imho they are not comparable to a cropped/docked Doberman. The look, the appearance of crop/docked is more formidable and fits for what the maker made them for- personal...
  3. Ddski5

    DPCA drama

  4. Ddski5

    DPCA drama

    Hmmm. I completely agree with @BGpa, some really good comparisons made…and seems to me that whomever more or less doesn’t want Mullen critiquing their Dobermans. Some personal drama amongst the Nobles?? I never did like all that private club bullshite.
  5. Ddski5

    Shock collar? Need advice please.

    Ahh…there it is. Me? a whistler hater? an anti whistler???been called a lot of things in life but certainly not that. 😂 😂 I think it would be really cool if I had the knowledge and ability to do that. Secret commands between me and mine. A lot of folks know the common speech commands but few...
  6. Ddski5

    Shock collar? Need advice please.

    No biased disbelief from me that it’s possible for that behavior (running sliding stop via Platz) with some dogs…but do have disbelief that a sliding stop Platz is possible for every dog. I should have been more clear on “it would be fantastic if it works”- - worked consistently with my asshat...
  7. Ddski5

    Shock collar? Need advice please.

    A good topic to be discussed with many view points. Have to say I am pleased with the way this has turned out.. In the past, folks tend to get angry and narrow minded and do not appreciate opinions/experiences being expressed. All in all, I think we all agree upon that the command must be...
  8. Ddski5

    Shock collar? Need advice please.

    Precisely… Now in Corky’s situation- She should absolutely make sure she has put in the time, consistency, persistence, energy, training, research with both basic and intermediate obedience. To me, that should be a given and I often see many an OP bring problems to the forum without having put...
  9. Ddski5

    Shock collar? Need advice please.

    I do agree with your point that a dog must know what’s being asked of them before being corrected with an ECollar or else they would not know why they are being corrected. That’s why it should not be used at a young age. But is a good tool to use when they know what you are asking, looks at you...
  10. Ddski5

    Shock collar? Need advice please.

    I truly understand your statement here and I have done this outside of a dog park with one that was highly reactive and also at a park with lots of squirrels and geese. Your analogy of a car pumping brakes is a very good example…but in my situation, the brakes were being pumped but the engine...
  11. Ddski5

    Shock collar? Need advice please.

    Great temperament right there!
  12. Ddski5

    Shock collar? Need advice please.

    No blowback from me. I can appreciate your experience and opinion and wish I had you side by side with me when I was raising/training Rag back in the day. Would have been interesting to see if it would have made a difference. He was not easy and very challenging but we did it. He learned as well...
  13. Ddski5

    Happy 4th Birthday to Elroy!

    Such a handsome boy! Happy Bday!
  14. Ddski5

    Shock collar? Need advice please.

    Agree^^^ Do what @Ladydi recommends first- if you have not already tried the leash to hip training. This works well and gives you a physical attachment and quick ability to correct.
  15. Ddski5

    Shock collar? Need advice please.

    My first one was like this with our cats… He was obedience trained and listened well but when cats came into sight, it was on. He would fixate and prey drive would escalate. I did everything, all the positive reinforcement and the shit just didn’t work. I used our ECollar mini-educator to...

Back
Top