Recent content by Corky

  1. C

    Shock collar? Need advice please.

    OMG the prey drive is there with Miss Charlie! What we are doing….prong collar, on leash almost all the time. We remove the prong and leash when Charlie settles in for naps and bedtime. When I am in the room, the instant I see her stop and start “the look” (prey gaze) I immediately say...
  2. C

    Shock collar? Need advice please.

    You all are just amazing. I love that you make me think on what and how we are managing things. When I say she is tormenting the others (probably not the right word but said for lack of a better word) she will just stair them down, whether they are aware or not (sleeping vs awake) I mean her...
  3. C

    Shock collar? Need advice please.

    Hello everyone! I know I’m not here very often, life is pretty chaotic but in a good way. Our girl Charlie, she’s the cutest! She is in training to be my husbands service dog. She just started and is 2 classes in. Prior to that she did 3 rounds of basic training. The problem is at home...
  4. C

    Basic training, so many ways. I have questions and need some advice please.

    SD training for Charlie would be through a program we were introduced to by our vet office. “Operation Freedom Paws” We will talk to the trainers towards the end of this first 6 weeks training and see where we are with Charlie. She will be our beloved pet no matter what we do. My husband was...
  5. C

    Basic training, so many ways. I have questions and need some advice please.

    You all are a wealth of information! This training is a 6 week course to try to get the walking under control. No E-collar (never thought about one before reading here). We are open to doing a couple rounds of basic training but then she we are thinking about service dog training which is a 6...
  6. C

    Basic training, so many ways. I have questions and need some advice please.

    Thanks everyone! I so appreciate your time and input on Charlie girls training 😁 Any chance you guys might have a picture of the collars you use? After his first 1 hour training he was in “hook, line and sinker” for the prong collar. Where does an E-collar come in? It’s the shock collar? I’m...
  7. C

    Basic training, so many ways. I have questions and need some advice please.

    Hello. Charlie is 6 months old and 1/2 American and 1/2 European Doberman. She’s lovely and waaaay too smart! Basic training in the home. Sit-✅ Drop it-✅ Off-some improvement for sure Leash walking-not without harm to her humans! She started training in a group setting. My husband took...
  8. C

    Sibling syndrome?!

    Hello, I have lurked a bit and looked into this possibility. I have never heard of this until a Freind stopped by and saw our new Doberman puppy’s. (Yes, there are 2 and they are girls) She mentioned it after seeing them really go after each other. It’s bad, they are scary fierce when they...

Back
Top