I have a question about Red/Brown Dobermans

Well Trinity I am wokring on trying to be a little more direct so I will not confuse people or let them see me flip flopping on issues. I just can't ever seem to decide which side to take. About like you right???

5-15-11 001a.jpg Come now people there is no such color as a brown doberman, the correct name is cholcolate, you know like a lab, right. That is what one of the experts at Home Depot said. They are the formost in Breed Standard for Dobermans you know.

Now I do know for a fact that in Labradors, if the yellow lab has a black nose, it carries the black genes, but a yellow lab with a brown or light coloured nose does not carry the other colours, just yellow.
Although I cannot for the life of me figure out why a vet would say that about dobes. Stupid is running rampant the last couple of days....well, more so than normal. :)

Well my sweet sweet boy Hunter was a Red and he had
a yellow purple striped nose...............LOL no his nose
matched him...............She needs to get with the program

wow, thats pretty crazy... havent heard that yet... the weirdest thing i heard is the long neck vs short neck dobes... (which i tried to see if he meant euro vs american... and then he was really confused so i gave up)

I call Fate brown... but thats only because I have yet to see another red dobe that is darker than she is... she is super dark! i found a pretty good shot of her next to Karma, who of course is a rare dark shadow color... :D

IMAG0012.jpg

OMG should have put this in the jokes... But now really she told me her vet used to breed and show dobes so he knew what he was talking about. And since he was her vet and told her she knew everything too, all you had to do was ask her. So to all of us with red dobes, they are rare don't you know, not to be rare or to be called a brown dobe they have to have a black nose...LOL

wow, thats pretty crazy... havent heard that yet... the weirdest thing i heard is the long neck vs short neck dobes... (which i tried to see if he meant euro vs american... and then he was really confused so i gave up)

I call Fate brown... but thats only because I have yet to see another red dobe that is darker than she is... she is super dark! i found a pretty good shot of her next to Karma, who of course is a rare dark shadow color... :D

IMAG0012.jpg
mY GIRL IS DARK CHOCOLATE LIKE YOUR GIRL....SUCH A BEAUTY!

IMAG0012.jpg
BEAUTIFUL

Back