• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

Puppy weight. Healthy?

Hi. I know your concern. My Uzi looks identical to your fur baby. Uzi at 4 months old was eating 3 cups of Purina Puppy Chow, until he developed a sensitive stomach at 5 months old and he always had a good appitite. His stool became loose and we tried adding rice, cooking with chicken (which left him with big flaky dandruff) and vomiting once in a while. We finally had to put him on a prescription dog food suggested by our very knowledgeable Vet. Uzi is four years old now and looks identical to your fur baby at his age. He still has a lean body and ribs show according to how he stands (ya know how they lean on us standing up and it shows his ribs in the way of wavy hair on the side of his rib cage.) I think your baby is just picky. How is his stool? That was what steered us to his digestive problems. He can only tolerate Royal Canin wet and dry food and Ultimate Freeze dired beef liver treats. Also he MUST HAVE A WATER ADDITIVE or his skin will still flake up terribly--BIG FLAKES but no broken skin. Now that we have the formula for what works, everyone thinks Uzi is a show dog. He is really, really beautiful! And he only had people food when we experimented in his early years. Good luck.
Hello, thanks for the insight!
Jax has always struggled with loose stool since we brought him home at 10 weeks. He is now almost 9 months and his stool are finally great! He currently eats Ziwi Peak, and has been for several months, and is doing great on that food. We give him probiotics daily and that seemed to also really help his stomach and digestion. We've realized we cant give him high fat foods or treats such as bully sticks, as that will mess up his stomach. He also has a sensitivity to chicken, so we have avoided that.
He currently weighs 85 pounds and we too can see his ribs in certain lighting but I personally think he looks great!

Back