Just a quick pic of Vito!

He looks adorable! Just a heads up about the sock on the floor. This is the age where they explore everything with their mouths so swallowing a sock is entirely possible. There's no way to get that out until they get very sick and require surgery.

Such a beautiful pup!!!

Yeah, I read some pretty horrific stories about puppies and socks/undies on this board. I've come to think that the individual puppies are either eaters of foreign objects or not. I kept a hawk eye on mine, but she just never tried to eat anything. Also, seems like most of the stories were male puppies? Wonder if there's stats on that? But yes, very good advice to not leave any enticing objects around that a pup can swallow or choke on.

What is Vitos personality coming out like? He looks so sweet in this photo, but we all know sometimes the pictures don't tell the whole story! :rofl:

He looks adorable! Just a heads up about the sock on the floor. This is the age where they explore everything with their mouths so swallowing a sock is entirely possible. There's no way to get that out until they get very sick and require surgery.
Thanks for that advice! I’ll take heed

Such a beautiful pup!!!

Yeah, I read some pretty horrific stories about puppies and socks/undies on this board. I've come to think that the individual puppies are either eaters of foreign objects or not. I kept a hawk eye on mine, but she just never tried to eat anything. Also, seems like most of the stories were male puppies? Wonder if there's stats on that? But yes, very good advice to not leave any enticing objects around that a pup can swallow or choke on.

What is Vitos personality coming out like? He looks so sweet in this photo, but we all know sometimes the pictures don't tell the whole story! :rofl:
I’ll definitely do better with the objects I leave around. He’s a good boy for the most part, he’s becoming a bit stubborn, he despises going in the “down” position, but he does… he’s become super protective of the house and family, if the doorbell ring, someone knocks, or a stranger approaches abruptly he goes into a totally different mode. He love us soooo much, and we love him! Just gotta keep working and getting at it! I think I’ll take the drive to get him in IGP/IPO training next weekend

he’s become super protective of the house and family, if the doorbell ring, someone knocks, or a stranger approaches abruptly he goes into a totally different mode.
That's what they're bred to do for sure. Just make sure he has an off switch if you tell him everything is good.

I’ll definitely do better with the objects I leave around. He’s a good boy for the most part, he’s becoming a bit stubborn, he despises going in the “down” position, but he does… he’s become super protective of the house and family, if the doorbell ring, someone knocks, or a stranger approaches abruptly he goes into a totally different mode. He love us soooo much, and we love him! Just gotta keep working and getting at it! I think I’ll take the drive to get him in IGP/IPO training next weekend
So funny, the hardest basic for my dog was the down. LOL. Like you say, despised it, nothing to do with knowing what to do. It was so submissive, it was like she didn't want to be insulted like that... Sounds like you've got a great puppy! It all comes together believe me. I had way too much dog and it was a big learning curve, but wouldn't change a thing if I had to do it again. Let us know how the IGP weekend goes! That's my heart sport and love to see more Dobes in it.

Back