1.  In order to post messages and view attached files in this forum, you must be a registered member of doberman-chat.com

Please take a look around, and feel free to 

Severe Demodex!!

Discussion in 'Doberman Health issues and questions' started by deladobies, Sep 8, 2009.

1. deladobies

deladobies Active Member

Alright everyone, I could really use any help that I can get on this one.

As you can see in the pics below there is a new girl in the deladobie house. Her name is Rosie she is a (give or take, this is what we figure in comparison to fate who is over 6 months now) 5 month old red female and she is by far the sweetest little pup I have ever seen despite her ovious issue.

Although she has been threw a lot she has found her way into out hearts and our home and is hopefully on her way to recovery.

Thanks to Annmarie ( my little money bank,, lol ) The vet has us on several different things including 500Mg of Cephalexin twice daily, 1.2 CC of ivermectin (oral ) and Biweekly sulfur based shampoo baths.

[​IMG]

Annmarie has also given me her left over satin balls that rosie is getting once daily with her food. Food is also a problem I could use some consulting on. SHe will NOT eat her dry food by itself. I was going to give her wet food but when it comes down to it she needs all she can get not just 25% food from a can with 75% water so I have been cooking her scrambled eggs everyday and mixing it in so she'll eat everything in her bowl. So far so good!

I am also putting a coat/skin moisterizer on her daily...

So what I need to know is what I can do to help this little one out so we can find her, her new forever home! She's been with us ( San Antonio Doberman Rescue, Me ( foster ) , and Annmarie ) almost three weeks and although I see a change in the ovious skin problems I dont see much of a change when it comes to the hair growth. Now mind you this little girls skin was so dry and full of puss that you couldnt even touch her without her bleeding... That thankfully is under control but she still has her hairloss.

[​IMG]

P.S...Luckily special needs dobermans has picked this little sweety up and is handeling her medical exspenses at no cost to us or the rescue. Special Needs Dobermans is a non profit group that helps individuals and rescue organizations with special needs and is funded purely off of donations.
    If you have time, A trip to their website is well worth it and even a donated blanket will mean the world to a dobie in need... So check em out!

Special Needs Dobermans - Helping Owned AND Rescue Dobes!
  2. jeoestreich

jeoestreich Well-Known Member

3. JustDobermans4me

JustDobermans4me Member

there was this other cream walm-mart sells in the mexican section it has sulfur in it and it worked on my moms dog 3 weeks and his face was back to normal its in a little jar..I found it on a sulfur 101 website I just googled home treatments for demodex mange.
  4. JustDobermans4me

JustDobermans4me Member

I heard nu stock works too!
  5. apbtmom76

apbtmom76 Guest

aww Dela, again you never cease to amaze me girl. OMG she is gorgeous, and please try the Nu Stock it works wonders :D:D I promise you that. Keep her on Satin Balls and get some beef or chicken broth to pour over her kibble int he mean time to help her eat. Oh girl, just call if you have any questions :D
  6. DobesMom

DobesMom Active Member

SND rocks! They offered to help us with Hope & Fire's bills. Luckily we had JUST ENOUGH credit to finish paying their bills. Literally one more day & we'd have been SOL.

Anyway, I have a HUGE tub of Goodwinol . I am keeping some for Emmie since her demodex LOOKS gone, but who knows if it'll show back up.
    ...but am more than happy to send you most of it , if you want to give it a try???????
  7. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Staff Member Administrative Staff

Aww Dela, she's such a sweet looking girl.... I'm glad you've taken her under your wing to get her on the road to recovery so much faster. :doggyhug2:
  8. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Staff Member Hot Topics Subscriber

Aww...she has the look of sweetness! I've never heard of NuStock but I'm thinking of getting it myself after reading it. Nice to have on hand and if it helps this little girl, what a wonderful thing that would be! Good luck with her and keep us posted. :)
  9. Dobiegirl

Dobiegirl Novitiate

OMG she stole my heart and I tell you if we could I would take her in a min....But finances are not here since hubby retired....I so hope you find her a good forever home...pleze pleze keep us posted on her....
  10. BreesMom

BreesMom Novitiate

Awwww...such a sweet, seet girl!!! I am so glad she is in your hands now, her chances at recovery and a wonderful life just skyrocketed!!!!
    apbtmom76 likes this.
  11. MLR

MLR Novitiate

Aww, what a sweetie. I mean you dela, taking on this special needs baby with everything else you've got on your plate. How's the new job going? How's Bree? I guess i could just email you but, I've been busy too so I'm playing catch up on here whenever I get the chance. Sound like you on the homeward stretch with this dobe girl. Keep up the good work.:)
    apbtmom76 likes this.