Met A New Dobie In My Town

dobelover419

Jr Member
I just happened to be driving down a road I frequent often, Look over and said holy crap it's a Doberman. A few weeks later I stopped and knocked on the door, I heard Brutus barking on the other side, no one answered about a minute later he comes running at me along side of the house barking, comes right up to me, nudges into me a little and stands there watching me. I was thinking to myself this is awesome lol. Right after that his owner came around front as well. He's 3 and I think quite nice looking considering he didn't cost an arm and leg, non white factored. I Just thought it was so cool he came right up to me no fear whatsoever. My Dobes I had in the past wouldn't never do that, they'd just stay back and bark their heads off and I'm sure take off running the other way if things got intense.

Attachments

• Brutus 2.jpg
    Brutus 2.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 53
  • Brutus 1.jpg
    Brutus 1.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 46
Nice! There are almost no Dobermans where I live. The only time I saw one in my town was in a car from another state, but my vet has a few Doberman clients.

Cool! I haven't seen any Dobes since I worked at the vet clinic in Germany. There's a rescue in SA and I see ads for them on Craigslist so I know they are around though.

We have very few Doberman's around town two (aside from ours and Atticus) but I have run into a couple I didn't know about through training.

Cool you got to meet another one!

Theres one in town that I always try to see when im driving through. He's usually lounging in the sun while his owner is busy with the flowers :D Theres not too many around here either though.

I've seen 3 in the last 2 months.
At a park right by the house a guy was walking a red male and his black mama.I was on foot,introduced myself and slipped him a DCF business card:)

Another I saw at a park by my moms house but was driving.
It was black and looked to be having a blast playing with about a half dozen kids.

How nice of you to find another Doberfamily nearby. Perhaps a play date will be in your future.

We have one Doberman in our neighborhood, but she was very undersocialized and is anti-social with people and other animals. She's a red female. I am always out and about with mine and due to how social they are, most everyone knows them. Still, there are several people who stop me as we walk around a nearby park to come and visit them, or make comments about how good they are as they play with kids that come to pet them.

The other day I stopped too see a doberman 5 miles away from my house (I've seen it many times running around outside but have never been able to stop) well She ended up to be a 2 year old female named Cracker and she just seemed to a sweetie pie!

This is one of them from town I met through training. They came over for a play date after the fact and we're still in touch, even though the family has been super busy lately.
Lady Albert and Della sitting Dec 20 11 sized.jpg

Other than Paint and DoubleDogDare I don't know of any in my area. However, I saw a truck in the library parking lot just 5 min from the house with Dobe stickers on it. :)

Do we have any Vegas members here?
I couldn't decide where to post this but thought it was cool.

On another website(a boating site) not including me there at least 3 Dobe owners.
One of them is married to a gal who is a member here,one is not really a regular at the site and a third who is a very regular user,he's in Vegas.
He sent me this pm last night image.jpg

Hi! Yeah I haven't posted much, busy with pregnancy stuff. Like taking naps, lol. Today's my due date, but I think he's happy right were he is. Gunner has been my walking partner :) And napping partner.

Awesome!Cant wait to see some new baby pics.
Wishing you,Dave and family the best of luck all goes smooth.

Hi! Yeah I haven't posted much, busy with pregnancy stuff. Like taking naps, lol. Today's my due date, but I think he's happy right were he is. Gunner has been my walking partner :) And napping partner.
Any news yet??
I saw Dave posting Friday you were ready to pop any second!!
:fingersx:

My napping buddies
Awesome photo, Kandeebee ! Best of luck to you on the birth of your baby!

I don't think I've seen but maybe two Dobermans in the last 10 years. But then look where I live. :D One day while taking my mom to her hairdresser I saw a guy walking a Doberman in the neighborhood of the hairdresser.......of course I had to drive over and just say NICE DOG!! :D

Back