1. Welcome to Doberman Chat.

Hello Guest, you are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.

By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! 

Evaluation of Nature's Domain dog food (from Costco)

Discussion in 'K9 Nutritional Care' started by MeadowCat, Jul 1, 2011.

1. MeadowCat

MeadowCat Forum Sponsor Site Sponsor

Best Answers:
    Dogs Names:
    Shanoa and Richter; RIP Simon
    I fed Shanoa Orijen from about the age of 6 months old until about six months ago. We decided to try Nature's Domain, which is sold exclusively at Costco and is manufactured by Diamond. It is nearly identical to Taste of the Wild in ingredients. There are two formulas, Turkey and Fish. It is grain free.

We've had Shanoa (and now Simon) on Nature's Domain for about 4 months, I think, maybe longer. I'm really pleased with the results, which is that I've noticed no change from Orijen :) Their coats are shiny and soft, they have good stool, and little to no gas. Both dogs enjoy the food quite a bit and are excited for meal times. They each get a fish oil capsule with each meal, too.

We are paying $30 for a 30 pound bag, which makes it really economical. I'm really pleased to be able to feed a good quality, grain free food for such a great price. I'm thrilled that both dogs do well on it. Just wanted to pass on the recommendation as a good choice on a budget. I still love Orijen, too, but I'm getting the same results as I had with Orijen on Nature's Domain.

http://www.naturesdomainpetfood.com/

2. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Staff Member Administrative Staff Hot Topics Subscriber

Best Answers:
    Dogs Names:
    ALT CH Dellazz Basic Instinct
    Hurricane Albert di Andromeda
    Thanks for the info MC!

Our nearest Costco is probably down by you, but really does look like a great economical choice for a quality food. Actually the ingredients look a lot like the Merrick we feed, but we pay almost $60/bag for that too.

3. MeadowCat

Best Answers:
    Dogs Names:
    It's an unbelievable value for the quality. I admit I was hesitant about changing, but we're really pleased. Plus, I think Shanoa actually feels more satisfied, because this food is a little lower in calories so she gets almost a cup more a day than she did with Orijen.

4. Dobelvr777

Dobelvr777 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Dogs Names:
    Billy, Josie, and Daisy
    I use a food from CostCo that is called Pelican Bay Grain Free Salmon meal. It is also only $30 for 30 pounds. I love the food, no gas and good stools. I have tried many other high end foods and always end up with really smelly gas issues :eekwtf: I haven't seen that food in my CostCo but would love to try it if I can convince them to carry so thanks for the link!

DobeDog, JanS and Marinegeekswife like this.
  5. Dobelvr777

Dobelvr777 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Dogs Names:
    Billy, Josie, and Daisy
    Just saw the Nature's Domain @ my CostCo. I followed the link and received some info from the rep. I will try it next time I buy food and let everyone know how my dogs like it. I actually know they will like it because they eat anything and everything but it's the smell-o-meter and stool quality I look for!

DobeDog and JanS like this.
  6. ServiceDogUser

ServiceDogUser Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Soren and my Chi are on the Salmon formula of this brand. Neither of them are as crazy about it as the other food we feed from time to time, but then again neither of them are crazy about fish to begin with. No idea why. Overall, I'm happy with the food.

JanS likes this.
  7. Dobelvr777

Dobelvr777 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Dogs Names:
    Billy, Josie, and Daisy
    My dogs will eat anything and I think they think they are getting cat food :yatta:!

JanS likes this.
  8. Dobelvr777

Dobelvr777 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Dogs Names:
    Billy, Josie, and Daisy
    I've been using the Nature's Domain dog food for the past couple of weeks and am very happy with stool quality and the stink-o-meter is way down, too! I'm a convert!

9. DobeDog

DobeDog Active Member

Best Answers:
    Dogs Names:
    Bruiser and (MaximusII - RIP 03/15/13)
    From what I read on this thread Turkey would be better because the Salmon the dogs are too crazy about?
    I need to look into this... THANKS!:ty: I like the part about stink o meter - older Doberman Bruiser can tear it up at times.

JanS likes this.
  10. MeadowCat

Best Answers:
    Dogs Names:
    I have actually discontinued feeding Nature's Domain. It is manufactured by Diamond and was part of the recent massive dog food recall. I have both dogs back on Orijen. I won't feed anything manufactured by Diamond again. For me, it's just too big of a risk, especially with a senior dog who is more vulnerable to pathogens. Diamond was at the heart of the recalls a few years ago that killed a lot of dogs, and now they've had issues again. I am feeding Orijen (made my Champion Pet Foods) because it has no ingredients sourced from China and is manufactured at their own plant in Canada.

DobeDog, MyBuddy and JanS like this.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. natures domain dog food

2. natures domain ingredients

3. domain dog food

4. natures domain at costco,
  5. who manufactures natures domain dog food,
  6. kirkland natures domain ingredients,
  7. where to but call of the wild nature domaine dog food in phoenix az,
  8. natures domain cat food,
  9. natures domain dog food from costco,
  10. kirklands dog food natures domain issues