Does your dog??????

Gelcoater

Expert ThreadCrapper
$ Premium Subscriber $
Hot Topics Subscriber
Watch TV? The protection thread got me thinking. Our old girl maxie the wonder dog has never noticed it. Daisy the Dobie looks at it often. Most times it's shows that have dogs,or critters doing their thing, She once watched an hour show with me about the wolves of Yellowstone park on Nat geo? or Disc. channel. On commercial she would lose interest,but when the wolves were on she watched every second. In that protection thread I shared how she percieved the man on tv as a threat,and showed her protective side.She also loves watching Dog Whisperer,she doesn't usually bark or anything,just watch with great interest.

So? Does your dog watch tv?

Yes Bella does watch some tv but only things with dogs and she does watch a little football , her favourite film is Snow Buddies i had to buy it on DVD she lies down and has a bowl of kibble to enjoy it with here are a couple of pictures i have taken of her watching

Snow Buddys ,she couldn't take her eyes off it by jadduke, on Flickr

Bella love's Snow Buddys by jadduke, on Flickr

A wet day, Bella likes nothing better than a good film and a bowl of snacks by jadduke, on Flickr

Bella loves watching the football by jadduke, on Flickr

haha!!!! Yeah my Zeus watches the box too, hasnt really got a choice mind, husband had to buy a flippin 50inch plasma:shock: so its there u got no choice but to look at it. lol

husband had to buy a flippin 50inch plasma:shock: so its there u got no choice but to look at it. lol
:rofl: I'm sure that's true... :D

Love the pics of Bella too Judith - she's such a character... :pokeeyes: Where's her Dog Whisperer one? :D

Our dogs don't watch it too often, but boy when I watch some of the videos you guys post I get their undivided attention. :)

Buddy shows no real interest in TV, even the sounds. Videos on here either. Either he's a real dud or he's real smart and knows it's just TV! :rofl:

oh boy, we dont want to go into Nexus watching tv lol! I have a video of Nexus and her reaction to another dog on tv, and thats Bella in the background trying to get Nexus's attention off the tv ... this goes on whenever Nexus sees something she doesnt like on it. Bella doesn't alwaYs react to her, but Nexus will ALWAYS react to the tv.

Spock watches on occasion. He pays particular interest to dogs on the TV. He even once listened to what he thought was a leave it command from the TV, lol.

I usually leave a radio on when I leave too. Not only for my dogs but I feel it makes the house sound like someone might be home.........with a gun......waiting for someone to break in. Wait,...... did I say that out loud??:rolleyes:

Soren sometimes like to watch TV. The first time we went to a movie with him, he spent the second half of it watching the movie. My Chi would have certain movies that he watched, but he very much only liked certain genres. Soren watches action movies the most. The "chick click" and drama ones, he'll make a big deal about being bored with them and will huff throughout the movie.

When we watch movies on my laptop, he doesn't really watch. When we first brough him home, he was convinced that there was something under the bed that was causing the noise. I was watching one of the dog training shows (I put them on it the background when I'm watching), and he kept jumping onto the bed, whining and pawing, and then he would jump down and try to put his head under the bed (he doesn't fit). He kept at it for nearly half an hour before giving up -- and only after he got himself wedged under the bed so well that my hubby had to pull him out.

Both mine don't even pay attention unless it is a sqeeky noise like a chew toy or dogs barking or they see the dogs on the screen...then they watch with interest and sometimes approach the screen.

Cya

Back