Doberman ear posting - improved method

thanks for the info... i was taping the whole thing, after i saw ur post nikky its looking great using ur own method...Gracias im spreading the word around my town

Here is my first attempt at posting. We used transpore tape instead of athletic tape. Any hints or critiques would be more than welcome. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 73
Very nice job Cory! What a cute little pup too!

I want to try this method, but I can not find the glue local. I would need to order it. When I asked my vet for some he said "No, it can make you lose circulation in the ear." I was like "Umm, ok." I don't understand how. Anyway, does it leave alot of glue build up? And does it come off easy?
yah i have to get it online too. no vets in my area will sell it to me. im about to ask my BFs dad who is a surgeon to send me some haha

yah i have to get it online too. no vets in my area will sell it to me. im about to ask my BFs dad who is a surgeon to send me some haha
I can get it at a local medical supply store that's affiliated with the hospital. Do you have anything like that in your area?

your link doesnt work :(
Thanks for pointing that out, it must have changed.
Ear Cropping

Miss Jan, the bottom of Baalaur's post keep popping out. They go back in fine am I not gluing down far enough or not seating the post down enough?
Thank you so much for all these tips. We have a while to go but they'll get there!

Miss Jan, the bottom of Baalaur's post keep popping out. They go back in fine am I not gluing down far enough or not seating the post down enough?
Thank you so much for all these tips. We have a while to go but they'll get there!

Most likely the post is not going down far enough. It can be tough finding that "pocket" in the ears, but once you do you know.

After your 100% sure they are as deep as the should go, and they still pop out, then focus on the glue/tape supporting the base, and work your way up until you find the problem.

Most of the time it is that the posts are not far down enough.

i have to tape the bell of the ear almost shut or she can get them out even when glued

ugemyqy3.jpg

This is how mine were supported.

They popped out on my first posting. After that I seated them further and never had an issue.

This is how we were doing it a while ago then went to quickbrace but now im trying that improved way but i still have to tape the bell really good
Hmm, you shouldn't have to tape the bell to keep them in if they're seated deep enough. I wonder if perhaps the backer rod is still a size too big (doubtful though) so you can't get it all the way down.

What kind of tape are you using?

Back